Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17th 2011

Que Honda!?

Well to start off, my birthday was on Friday! haha funny story. The whole week has been crazy with investigators, problems, and zone conference so we had to organize all that stuff we had to do. Well when I woke up I can honestly say I totally forgot my birthday...yeah weird didn’t think that would ever happen. But we had to get up early and right away get stuff ready and prepare my talk and stuff like that so I totally spaced it. Around 10 o´clock in the morning I was looking at my agenda and noticed it was the 14th and just started laughing. Luckly it was zone conference because they brought all my packages and letters:) Thanks for the package!! it made my whole day, and I received some good letters and another package. I felt so loved! haha I am gonna enjoy the 5 pounds of M&M’s I have until the end of the mission!

OK, so zone conference was amazing. we had Elder Amado come, he is a general authority and one of the smartest people I have ever heard. He explained some good doctrine and weird random facts I didn’t know. like for example did any of you know that 80% of all baptisms of the world come from the American continent. crazy . but he talked about teaching the investigators and actually listening and answering, he explained that some times when they are talking we can perceive what they really want to know and ask but we need to just get out of routines that we have and adapt to what they actually need to hear. It was pretty good. Then he talked about all the doctrine of the general authorities and what everything meant. It was really cool to hear all the stuff they do. And of course the spirit was just amazing.

Just a quick thought. Those of you that haven’t read the Liahona or in the states the Ensign, you HAVE TO DO IT! That was probably the best one I have ever read in my life. It only talked about the Book of Mormon and I learned so much! luckily we had extra so I gave them to our investigators.

crazy story:

so we were walking home in the morning at 12 o´clock and we see the assistants in the suite store, so we go in and ask what there doing and they just stair at us with blank faces, so I asked what happened. They tell me that two guys had just stolen there car and everything in it like 20 min before . They took their cell phones, money, wallets, scriptures, packages, 5,000 quetz, and their cameras. The sisters just had a change and put in a trio and so they went to bring them desks and stuff like that. I guess two guys came with guns and robbed everything and told them if they called the police they would come back and kill them. So of course president Watts calls us right after and tells us that we have to get the sisters out of there as soon as we could. So we run over there and throw all there stuff in bags and suit cases and put it all in a members house. I talked to president this morning and he told me that he is moving the sisters to Coban (outside the capital) and putting in elders this Wednesday. haha so we have been super busy trying to find a house and get everything situated. Crazy stuff in G town.

well this last week we had a cool baptism. We activated this family and it so happened they had a 10 year old boy who wasn’t baptized so we got to baptize him on Saturday. Yes when all that stuff happened with the car and the sisters. but it all turned out good, it just started 2 hours late :)..our turn right?

Another cool story:

On Sunday we had some new investigators come to church. one of them we didn’t know, a member just brought him. After church he comes up to us and says ´hey I want you guys to teach me the stuff of your church because I want to get baptized´...what? !!! that was literally one of my dreams in the mission!! So today will be the first time we will teach him. His name is Juan, he’s 25, looks kind of scary but also really humble. The Lord is blessing us a lot these past couple of days. I love being on a mission and my love gets stronger every day. Love you all as well and thanks for your support.

PEACE OUT!!!!

ELDER TOOLSON

No comments:

Post a Comment