Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, November 7, 2011

October 24th, 2011

October 24, 2011

I`ll just start off by saying last week was...horrible!!!! since the car got robbed presidente wants us to find an apartment for the new elders in the area that we don’t know, and then move everything over there. Well usually its not that hard to find an apartment...haha I swear the lord just doesn’t want them coming right now. me and my comp looked for a total of like 20 hours last week and found NOTHING! well we found some but they were over prices (cause I’m a gringo) or there are already people living in them for another month. then finally we find one just barley over the budget so I ask presidente and he says its ok so we call back the next morning...I guess a woman came by right after us and bought the apartment! just my luck. So all that searching was for literally nothing. and two sweet gringos are coming too, one is named elder J, hes in my group and the other is brand new.

With all that going on we had a sweet baptism planned, and this time I was like, hey I am gonna plan this perfect so we don’t have to run around all day saturday..well it turn out that he didn’t pass the interview, even tho we went over it with him 4 times before his actual interview. and to add to it, i was

sick with a bad caugh and runny nose. it was just a bad week :) I think I am being tested right now haha.

The last three weeks it has been raining non stop. A couple of members houses got swept away and we had to do a lot of service. And of course a cold front comes in and its seriously freezing. Especially because its super humid. every morning I wake up to drops of water dripping off the windows because its so cold and humid. When I go to bed I have to wear a jacket and sweat pants and socks and a beany!!! And we are only in October!!...I have no clue how I am going to last in Utah! I hate the cold with a passion. My comp and me are even working with sweaters because it is so cold outside. The good thing now is that the rain is dying away and it hasn’t rained in like 5 days! So hopefully I can survive these last couple months because I am dying right now with the cold. I did enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate :) but now the members always want to give us “morcaf” which is a mormon coffee and its disgusting. I put like 5 spoonfulls of sugar in there just to choke it down. Well as far as the work is going...we didnt really work all that much with all the service for the members and the searching for the apartment. We had like 15 lessons and we usually average more then 30

every week. But I am hanging in there and I love my mission. there’s nothing better then the mission. love you all.

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment