Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 2nd



May 2nd

Family!

OK, well this week was a lot different. I show up to the change conference and President comes and taps me on the shoulder and says “come with me”, so I am freaking out about what I could have done that I need to talk with him. We sit down in the office and we just start talking about the mission and my last comp and all that, then he tells me that he wanted me to be a Zone Leader...yeah shocked me too. so then when I left the interview t every one was asking me what it was for but I couldn’t tell them. but yeah so I am a zl here in the capital in an area called Zion. this area is so amazing! For the city it is actually a pretty big area and we even have a ward here!!! I am finally not in a tiny branch. The members are amazing as well; there is such a difference here in a ward then a branch. We have so many 18 year olds that are preparing to serve missions here so like every day we bring one along with us or we do divisions. I don’t know the area at all and I am supposed to show him where the investigators are. the area is really hilly and I am dying!, I’ve been in Peten where its about flat as AZ so walking wasn’t hard at all. Then I get here and there are stairs that as I am walking up I almost hit my face because I am kind of leaning over and it is so steep!

ok well my companion’s name is elder Youngberg and he is leaving after this change! weird I have never had a comp like that. but he is from Utah and he’s pretty cool, he’s just a little baggy but I don’t blame him. We get along just fine so I am not worried about arguments or anything.

Our house is on the second floor and looks over like the whole area and it is really pretty. It is really big too so I like that, and the best part is that it has a heated shower so no more cold bucket showers!

the zone is pretty cool, I know a lot of people here and all the areas have baptism dates so that is good. its kind of small though. In Peten we had 30 and here we have like 18, we have the office Elder in my zone so I can get mail way fast now, yes!!!! so I will be waiting for my package.

For p-day I played ping pong, haha yep still undefeated,

Elder Richins owes me a donut this week because I spanked him. Then we played kick ball, haha gringos vs latinos....yeah lets just say This week was amazing I am excited for this change be cause I am going to work my butt off!!!!

love you all family and friends

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment