Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May, 9th Photos


Karina is going to be a great new member!
President and Sister Torres

May 9th, 2011

Family!

Last week was amazing!

First things first, we got to go to the temple Tuesday at 6:30 in the morning. It’s been over a year since the last time I went to the temple so it really was an amazing time. it kind of felt like my first time going because I have forgotten a lot of it. All the zl´s went together so it was fun to go with a lot of my buddies. I had a lot of time to think in there and reflect on what i need to do better and different. Tuesday afternoon we had concilio with the president and the ap´s. that is where all the zl´s get together and talk about how the zones are doing and what goals we have and what goals did we meet and all that jazz. it actually was really cool and I learned a lot and me and my companion have some cool goals for the zone that I really think we can do. then after this little meeting, sister Torres cooked us all pork chops imported from the states, some casoral, salad, bread, fruit, and some cake to top it all off!!!!!!!!! made my whole week to eat some home made state side food. I am used to beans and eggs and tortillas. The food really was so amazing. Now I am excited to go to concilio every month :)

It was amazing to talk to you! too bad it was only for a little time though. it made me a little baggy but that’s ok. You should have seen my comp, he only has 4 weeks left so he’s just itching to get home. He is getting kind of lazy but I am gonna kick him back into shape because I don’t want him ruining everything for next change.

Last week we had a baptism!!!! it was a miracle actually. This girl is 16 years old and amazing. She goes to mutual every week, goes to seminary at 5:00 in the morning and helps us all the time. She’s been investigating for 9 months now, the only problem was that her mom wouldn’t give her permission to get baptized. so me and my comp passed by two Sundays ago with our bishop and he talked to the mom for like 2 hours about how it’s an individual choice to get baptized and he had the same thing happen to him but then his mom finally let him get baptized and now he is a bishop. When we finished, the mom was still not letting her. so we left discouraged. The next day we find out that her mom finally let her and she wanted to get baptized that week. so we got it all planned out and president Torrres interviewed her and on Saturday she was baptized. haha the bishop even brought Little Caesars to celebrate!

so that was the week I had. I hope all is going well with everyone and I love you so much!!


Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment