Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 11th, 2011

Cosmic Bowling
Hola!

This week went super fast for some reason. On Tuesday we had concilio with President and it was AMAZING. We talked a lot about how we need to have more baptism and how we need to put goals into action. President actually taught me something that really helped. I asked what we could do to find out where we are failing, where to start and rebuild. and he told me that in the company of Toyota they always asked the question "why" 3 to 5 times. That way you can start to dig deep into what is really the problem and find out what you can do to improve. Usually it’s just " hey we should do this better, ok" but with the whole ask "why" thing I have learned it actually makes you think and rethink of what you could actually do to better what ever you are doing. President Watts is very smart man, he was president of a company that turned toxic waste into energy...haha or soemthing like that. He really knows how to help people and is very very spiritual, he choked up talking like 10 times talking to us. it was amazing to feel his spirit and desire to really help this mission have more success. then afterwards we ate at his house..oh oh oh my gosh that was the best food EVER! we ate chicken cordon-blue (however you spell that) with mashed potatoes and gravy! and garlic bread and to top it off Sister Watts made brownies with ice cream :) I’ve never been so happy with food in my life!

Last week we worked our butts off and we found some really good news! and surprisingly all 6 showed up to church! it was amazing to see them. A lot of people complemented us for bringing all new investigators to church that they have never seen before. it seemed like they really liked it too, so this week we are hoping to put some baptism dates. but we’ll see if they’re ready to take that step.

This week is the last week of the change I hope me and my comp can end on a bang! I have mixed feeling about leaving because the area I love but... so we`ll see what happens this next week. I should know by the next time I write if I have a change or no.

Today for p-day we went to go to the zoo....and guess what? yep it was definitely closed!!!!!!!!!!! I was so sad. I talked to every one I could about it and they all said it was super cool and really big and had a lot of cool animals so I could barley sleep last night I was so excited, haha but then we showed up in the bus and everything and it was closed. We were so disappointed! So we went to a mall called "tikal futura" which is a new mall they built a few years ago and it was really sweet, Inside they had cosmic bowling! it was super fun actually, I thought for sure I was going to win because no body was that good. haha but then Elder Taco who has never played before in his life and is new in the mission beat us all with 177! and if you saw the way he bowled you would know it was his first time :) which made it even funnier!

I love you all! hope everyone is doing well.

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment