Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Presidente, July 4th, 2011


Whats up!!

O.K., I`ll start off with the new presidente. His name is President Watts and he and his wife are from Logan Utah. They are both the most amazing people ever!!! on Friday we had interviews with them and they were everything I was hoping and expecting and more. You can tell just by his presence that Pres. Watts is a spiritual giant. The interview was for us to get to know each other. He asked me about my mission, my testimony, my comp, the zone, and all little things in between. I can tell already he is going help the mission so much.

Andnd Sister Watts. hahaha she is literally the sweetest lady I have ever seen, and I am not just saying that. She makes me laugh because she is very, very personable and touchy, and missionaries aren’t used to that :) when I first met her she grabbed my hand and my arm and just started talking for about 5 minutes about everything, and she just has this spirit of happiness about her that makes me laugh. She cant speak any spanish but she is learning now and let me tell you, she is going to learn very fast because she laughs at herself and does not care if she screws up. (Like Sean always said, “if you laugh at yourself, everyone laughs with you!) both of them together are amazing. I cant wait to know them more and more these next few months.

HEART BROKEN!!! ok you know how I was all excited to play sports....turns out that he decided to keep the rule,” for now” he says!! I about died when I heard that. because the meeting right before the interviews he brought up the whole drinking cola drinks and playing basketball and soccer. He says he’s going to keep them because Presidente T received revelation for a reason. Well that sucks for me!!! Me and my comp are determined to keep asking until he says yes. Even the AP`s are mad cause they wanted to play so bad. so I am hoping in a few months he`ll be re-inspired.

Last week me and my comp worked really hard with the FHE stuff and they turned out really well. I definitely felt the spirit in all the lessons very strongly. we found a video called "By Small and Simple Things" but its the longer version with talks from apostles and quotes and stuff and it’s really good! tNow we are waiting for the results. We told all the families to pray and receive revelation to who they need us to pass by and share this message. This week we fasted and prayed that they would keep praying to find out who needs what we have.

Sad story. ok so one of my converts Karina.( the one who finally got permission to get baptized” . well I hadn’t seen her for like two weeks and we passed by like 5 times and nothing. On Saturday I finally see her in the streets and she tells me that these gangsters harassed her then started calling the family asking for 20 thousands quetz or they would kill Karina! They told them all the information where her parents worked, kids went to school, their friends and everything. so Karina and her family had to move way far away so they get found! crazy story right? It’s so sad though, she came to church and bore her testimony for the last time in the ward :( in Guatemala that stuff happens all the time! and i hate it that we cant do anything! but I am sure the lord will help her and her family a lot!

Today for p-day we did something actually pretty cool. We all showed up and the stake center and the sisters made "churascos" which is carne asada, beans, rice, tortillas, pico de gallo, and some good salsa! then the boys bought everything and we played capture the flag :) it was way fun. then we all sat down and enjoyed all the amazing food. dang those sisters can cook. I was so full I couldn’t even get out of my chair.

That is about it for last week. I love you all and hope all is going well!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment