Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18th, 2011

quo pedo vos!

As some of you know Elder Smith is really sick so his comp. Elder Laines was placed with us on Wednesday. We have been in a trio this whole week. For anyone who has ever been in a trio, you know that it's kind of difficult .. just on a teaching stand point because now we have to share speaking and teaching time with three people. Elder laines is pretty cool. His English is perfect so that was nice and he’s super, super smart and loves to talk, (maybe a little too much haha). Since I am not a big fan of trios we tried to set up splits every day. We get a lot more lessons done and found more news so all around it was better. And I did learn a lot of stuff from him because he has read like every church book you can possibly imagine. We worked really hard and ended the changes with two baptisms. Hopefully next week I can send pictures. The sisters who share the same chapel with us had a baptism as well so we decided to have it together, and it turned out great, around 70 people showed up, the spirit was really strong and we had a nice little refreshment afterwards. ( that’s always nice) . Karen is 11 years old, her dad is a member that got baptized 4 months ago. She is really funny and crazy but.. she cant talk, ok she can but I guess when she was little she got hit by a car so now she cant pronounce her words and she mumbles everything which you can understand if you pay attention. She is so full of personality and she loves the church and loves the members so that’s good. Alijandro is a 16 year old kid who is AMAZING!. He read the Book of Mormon in one month and loves going to seminary and church activities. He has already come with us to teach 5 times because he just loves this gospel. It’s amazing to see this gospel change lives and the people really get the importance. . He is already excited to serve a mission and is reading preach my gospel.

It turns out that me and my comp. are staying together for another change, that’s kind of what I wanted and expected so I am happy :) we get along really well and all we talk is Spanish so my Spanish is getting much better.

Well that’s about all that has happened this week. I love you family and friends. This church is amazing and my testimony is getting bigger by the day as I see the blessings in my life that no body can have unless they experience what this gospel has to offer. Peace!!!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment