Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 13th, 2011

Elder Navas and I

New Abode
Yes, those are his Spongebob sheets peeking out :)



June 13th, 2011

Hola!

O.k. so last week was pretty sweet! I got to go to change conference and

all the missionaries were invited so I got to see so many buddies of

mine that I haven’t seen in like a year. i got to see all my buddies

that are leaving bare their last testimonies! it was seriously, sooo

amazing. I even got to see Elder Fast and we talked to each other the whole time and sat next to each other. Bummer Fast and I did NOT end up being

comps!. but it turns out that

I got one of Elder Fasts old comps. his name is

Elder Navas, he is from

Honduras, and played in the junior Olympics for soccer! He is such a

cool guy, I am really excited for this change. He only has 10 months in

the mission and already a ZL. We have talked a lot about what

we want to do and we are just gonna work like crazy with the members

and I know we are going to see a lot of success! We are getting

up at 5:30 a.m. every day, running, doing sit ups, push ups, and soon to come

jump rope. I was scared I would get a lazy comp that didn’t want to run with me

but he is super cool and is all up for it.

So Friday we had to change the house, luckily the new house was

really close so we just found some dude in the street and asked him to

move all our stuff, haha only in Guatemala. Our new house is so sweet,

it is not as big but its really nice and the duenos seem really cool. we

live on the third level so that kinda stinks that we have to go up and

down all those stairs.

On Saturday we had a baptism!!! it was amazing, this girl is the

sister of the one that got baptized two weeks ago. she is 11 and read

the b.o.m. in one month! she is very quiet but she really loves this

gospel and learning more and more. her and her sisters now both want

to serve missions and are getting jobs so they can save up for their

mission fund, it cant get much better then that. We are taking

Kemberly out (the oldest) with us out to teach!. This girl is amazing!

Well the zone is kind of different now, we just got 4 new sister

missionaries...not excited, and the new elders all seem kind of lazy, but atleast my comp is really cool . We have our work cut out for us. well thats

about all that has happened for last week. i cant believe baby Asher is so

big, Ryan you did some good work. Haha ok you too Jess! and im glad mom and dad could meet elder Fasts parents!!! now we can have like family parties :)

love you all and I know this church is true!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment