Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 27th

June 27th, 2011

Hola Familia!

OK so last week went pretty well. the only thing that is killing me right now is the RAIN as most of you know I hate the rain. It has been cloudy and rainy for the past week! It used to be sunny in the morning then rainy in the afternoon but now it is dark and dreary allday every day and my "animo" is going downward. haha it kind of stinks to contact for an hour with a tiny umbrella, from the belt down gets soaked every day.

With that said last week went really well.we found some sweet new investigators and made an awesome plan for this week. Ok so to find new people it has been pretty hard. We devised a plan to do a family night with a member family every single night. today we are going to a store and buying cookie mix so we can bring cookies for the refreshments. We are using two videos that talk about and show sharing the gospel. I really have a lot of hope and faith that this will work for us because we have a lot of sweet people in the ward, we just need to use them. Please keep these families in your prayers that they can know who needs to hear the gospel and who we need to stop by and teach.

I got my package, thank you sososososososo much! That is just what I needed for this month! The card is all figured out I just need to go use it :) haha my comp thought the gummy vites where like the funniest thing in the world, needles to say he ate a lot of them!

ok so on Tuesday we had a capacitacion with all the zone leaders. It was just president telling us that we are the motors of the whole mission and how we need to be the example for every one. it was seriously one of the most spiritual and uplifting experiences ever. Although I knew it all, to hear it from president just made me want to work that much harder. Being zone leader has helped me so much as a missionary. Trust me I am really not a good leader, but I think I am here to learn a lot so I can become one in the future. Every meeting we have with President just inspires me to be my best and to step up my game. It was kind of sad because it was the last time I will see President Torres.

Oh, then this Sunday yep I got called on to give another talk again. I still don’t know why every area I am in they always chooses me. I just talked a little about how the young kids need to prepare for the mission and not be little girls. haha I even got them laughing so that was good. We had a lot of investigators in church so that was amazing, especially considering that it was raining and like half the people who usually come showed up !

The new president comes in this Wednesday so next week I will let you know how he is. I am super excited because the assistants are already planning a basketball game for Monday :) so I will be able to play for the first time in 16 months! crazy right?! This Friday we will get to now him.

Well I love you guys. I hope all is well. This church is without a doubt true!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment