Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

July 25th 2011

Hey family.

OK, so first things first, thank you so much for the money! Yes, it is way easier to use Western Union then anything else. I just walked in the office and gave them the code number and my i.d. and they gave me all the money right on the spot. No, sorry I didn’t get the package, but I am pretty sure I will get it this Wednesday so that’ll be amazing. This week was a little different. I don’t know why the assistants keep doing this but once again we are in another trio!! there were like 9 missionaries going to Peru that don’t have there visas so they are in our mission for now. when they first assigned them to us they said it would be 2 days...well it turns out it will most likely be a month or longer. I am betting it will be the six weeks of this change. Our new companion is Elder Maldonado. He is from here in Guatemala about 20 minutes away. He is super cool and a dang good missionary. He speaks almost perfect English as well. but I m not gonna lie being in a trio is kinda hard cause you have to share the time, and its even weirder because me and my comp are pretty much training him and so we have to teach him all the basics. haha sometimes we forget he is new and

just assume that he knows what we are talking about or what we are going to do. He is learning really fast and has a huge desire to work his butt off and be a really good missionary. Last week we had a lot of fun because now with 3 people there is always stuff to talk about and laugh about. So we when we were contacting we would just talk about weird stuff and just have fun. It’s cool to see the faith of the new missionaries, because now days I know who really wants to hear the gospel or is just giving us crap or lying or something like that so I just keep going, but Elder Maldonado is very persistent, which is actually something that I realize I am not. For him every person he talks to has to let us in the house, and if they don’t he has to get the reason out of them. I like it though because it gives me more animo and makes me want to have more faith.

The new people in the zone are way cool. I have a new bud, Elder Underwood. He played volleyball at BYU and is pretty good at basketball. He’s about 6’6” and can jump! so we talk sports and good times before the mission.

Sorry this letter is really boring but your in San Diego so I don’t feel bad at all! I love you all and have fun in California.

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment