Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 1, 2011

Coma Esta Familia!

I’ll just start off with the good news!! Last Wednesday we received a call from the assistance and they told us that we can officially play basketball!!! :) me and my comp just started jumping and screaming when they called us, it was the best news!

This last week we worked super hard and found some good news. we even put a fecha (baptismal date). we are working really hard on this lady named Alba. Her husband is a recent convert and she never wanted to listen to us before but now slowly she is listening a lot. I really think she will be a good. She had her birthday on Thursday and we made come chocolate chip cookies, haha and they loved them. we’ve made them before and every one is like "what is the recipe for these!" haha so I just tell them its a gringo secret and if they come to church I’ll tell them :) Cookies here are all the same and have like no flavor. They are pretty much really hard flat sugar cookies with out frosting. But sadly enough she didn’t come to church. We are going to stop by and see what happened.

Last week I completed 19 MONTHS! haha AND I received the package parents thank you so much!!! and the money too! it was perfect, we went to the church and made the cherry chip cake...oh my dang I have never had a cake that good in years!!!! and the day before Elder Maldonado completed one month and bought us all McDonalds...haha yeah I know right, he’s got a ways to wait. and then Elder Naves completed one year two days before me and he bought us all baliadas, which are these amazing flower tortillas with meet,beans,rice, letuce, and some chili sauce. haha so last week was a good week for eating :)

This p-day we all went to the stake center and played some soccer and basketball. haha it was amazing and I have literally never been this tired in my life. It is so weird to think that literally I have never run around like that for 19 months!!...let’s just say I have a lot to regain when I get back. We played more soccer then basketball, which was kind of a let down because I forget that so many latinos (ok, missionaries in general) are some of the most uncoordinated people on earth don’t play anything except soccer :) haha so playing basketball was kind of a joke. So I just sat on the 3 point line and just practiced my shot. I can still shoot but my legs have lost any thing they ever had. I seriously feel like I am in 10th grade again. I am pretty scared to go back and just get killed, but I have faith the lord will provide for me. Well I love you all and hope you guys had a blast in California and hope you send me pics!!!

Peace out!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment