Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15th, 2011

Hey!

Last week was a really fun week. On Tuesday we had conference and learned a bunch of stuff about being obedient and having faith in the goals that we have as a mission. President Watts is just amazing! When he talked to us, it was just sharing scriptures that every one knows and talking forever. He pulled out 3 stories about missionaries and all the miracles that they had on their mission because they had the faith necessary. Haha and sweet Sister Watts gave a talk about obedience. She did really well...except it was in English so the lats (who really needed to hear it J) didn’t understand much . Next time I will suggest an interpreter. Over all it was amazing and I learned so much.

This Saturday we had another baptism!! it turned out really good, and a lot of people showed up. The little girls name is Angeli and she amazing. She is 10 years old and actually knows so much about the stuff we taught her. Which is like a big deal here because there are so many adults that don’t even understand things yet. Her and I are like best friends now because I always spin her around and she loves that. haha This Sunday she comes running into the priesthood class and asks for me. So I think she has an important question or something, nope, just wanted me to spin her around. I had the chance to give a short little talk during the baptism because Elder Maldonado did the actual baptizing (his first one!) he was super excited, anyway, I talked about the symbolism of the actual font where we are baptized and what that represents. It actually turned out really well, better then I thought it would. Then, after the whole baptism is finished, her uncle who is not a member came up to me and said that he really liked my talk and wanted us to come visit him because he wants to join a church, perfect right? Well darn, he lives outside the area so some other missionaries will get to teach him.

It is always so amazing to see some one enter into the waters of baptism. Every time I see a baptism I want to have more and more because it makes me so happy to see people change there lives.

OK so this Saturday morning was amazing!! We woke up at 5 am to go to the Stake Center and played basketball with all the Office Elders and AP’s and another companionship from the zone. It wasn’t anything special but most of the people could play so it was fun. It still makes me sad that I have like nothing left in my legs! I had to warm up for like an hour to just barely dunk it...yeah I am a loser. It was amazing to play and they said we are going to be doing it every Saturday. So I had Elder Williams buy me a basketball. It’s sick, red white and blue Nike :) They couldn’t buy protein so I am still waiting for that.

Well I don’t know what happened to my comp, but he’s been... "sick" a lot, and it takes everything for me to get him outside of the house. Saturday afternoon we had to leave at 2:00, that is when we start. He started up again, said that he had a headache and couldn’t leave...I am not gonna lie I was a little low on the patience, and he just wouldn’t get dressed, so I literally had to dress him. I put on his pants, buttoned his shirt, tied his tie and shoes and put his books in his bag, haha it kind of reminded me of you mom when I would throw my little tantrums and refuse to get ready so you had to dress me to go to school or football practice, church haha :) so yeah I don’t know what’s up with him, He is a great missionary, he’s just being really lazy and not wanting to do anything. Whatever, as long as he does what I do without too much fuss, we will be fine.

I love you family! I know this church is true and I love my mission so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment