Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 8th, 2011

Family!

This week was crazy! The one thing that kind of sucks about being a ZL is that there is always stuff to do and it some times it takes away from working in the area. But on Tuesday we had concilio and it was amazing! We talked about the "key indicators" and what we need to do personally and as a zone to complete our goals. I love going to concilio because I always learn so much and it pumps me up to go work my hardest. President Watts is one of the most spiritual men that I have ever met. Every time he starts to talk about the mission or us as missionaries he starts to cry and I can just feel his desire and love for this work! He only has like two months and already he has changed so much. His way of thinking ahead is amazing and he has made these charts for every missionary so they can see two months in advance to see and track their progress. Which I really like because now I look two months ahead and if I don’t have a lot of baptism dates then I feel like a tater so it makes me want to work that much harder. After the concilio Sister Watts cooked us lasagna, (however you spell that) and it was amazing!! Surprisingly that was the first time in all my mission that I had it, and let me tell you it was amazing. Then for dessert she made this cinnamon roll cake. not lying here when I say it was the best think that I have ever had here. It was like regular vanilla cake mix with swirls of cinnamon and toped with the frosting!! mom you have to learn how to make it, its my new favorite. On Wednesday we had interviews. haha they were planned for 9:00 to 11:00. Well the interviews went a little longer then usual and they didn’t end until 5 o’clock, and of course as ZL´s we cant leave until every one leaves because we have the keys. The interview went really well and I just keep learning so much from President Watts. Haha and sweet amazing Sister Watts made cinnamon rolls for every one! first time for those as well. All went well and there are no problems in the zone so that’s good. As for the working part, well with those two days and my comp was sick with the flu so we pretty much missed 3 days. But Sunday night on our last visit we had a family night with some members and some investigators. It was amazing and they had a million questions, it was weird because I have never talked about so many themes in one lesson. We touched on about everything in the gospel but in the end we all felt it was good to put a date with them for baptism and they totally accepted it. They still have questions, but they are very very willing to read, pray and find out for them selves. I guess their priest did something bad so they didn’t attend church any more. Over all it was a pretty good week and yep we are still in a trio. which now I like, I guess because Elder Maldonado is very strongly opinioned and that’s actually really good for some of the investigators we have. We work really well together and love just messin around.

I love being a missionary and I know this is the church of Christ. Everyday I work it is a testimony builder for me that god has restored his church for a reason, and that reason is so that we aren’t so dang confused...like so many here in g town.

love you family :)

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment