Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, November 7, 2011

October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

Family!

Dang, its weird to think that it is Halloween right now!! I didn’t even remember until yesterday at church when the kids were talking about all the parties that were going to be going on. Halloween is definitely not the same here in G town they don’t really trick or treat. I guess there’s some kids that dress up and just walk around in the street screaming "we want candy" but no body gives them any thing, and pumpkins don’t even exist here. pretty much all they do is have a bunch of parties and get wasted. And get this! the school system is different and every one here has break now until January!! so today should be really crazy at night. Supposedly it’s the day of the dead here but only the old people do that. Every one else is partying it up.

Well last week went by pretty fast. My comp and I have still not found a house yet for the other elders. Even presidente called and was like "hey how’s the new elders doing" and then I had to tell them that we haven’t found the house...he seemed a little annoyed but just said to keep looking :) haha I really think the lord just doesn’t want them to come here yet because its almost impossible to find an apartment. Last Wednesday we did divisions with the assistants. I guess president had a week long meeting far away in guat and didn’t need the assistants help with anything so they decided to do divisions with all the zl`s. it was actually really fun. the AP’s are elder W, whos in my group, and elder Gallo who is super cool as well. we both were working in my area. I went with elder W. and my comp went with G. haha its funny how we segregate like that every time :) but in all honesty its what we both want so nobody says anything. Me and elder W worked are butts off. He was in this area before I was. I am the one who took his place. So we worked hard and visited some of his converts. ha it was kind of sad because they are all inactive now... but it was a good experience. we started Tuesday night and ended Wednesday night and it was a fun sleep over.

haha mom funny story. Well I was listening to an EFY cd today in the morning when I was cleaning the house. it was a really old one, ll of a sudden one of my childhood memery songs came on "you dont have to walk the planes to be a pioneer" hahaahah made my whole day! i dont know if you remember that mom but we use to listen to that all day every day and you would make me sing out loud just so you could laugh :) (In all fairness I made him do it so we could all laugh, he was just little and would nod his head to all the words – withough singing them_ until the last word of easch phrase..”trains..planes.. names..) a member gave me a cd with all the EFY songs since like 1994 until now. good times back in the day.

Well I love you all hope all is well in the United states of America!!!

Elder T

No comments:

Post a Comment