Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011

3/14/11

Hey Family,

Long week, I was sick Tuesday and Wednesday so we missed a lot of work. My stomach was killing me and I had b.u. like there was no tomorrow! I’m all good now and we finished the change really well.

Well this week we had our district conference here in Poptun and it was really good. President and Sister Torres came and gave some amazing talks. The branch here in Poptun is pretty strong and a lot of people showed up to it. its not as big as San Benito but we filled the chapel up easily. We had 4 investigators come to the conference so that was good. The change is done now, it’s weird because it seemed like just a few weeks ago I met Elder Bishop for the first time.

We got our changes this morning, it turns out Elder Bishop is going to Coban and I am staying here another change. 3 other people had changes in the district too. I am excited to see the new people coming. My district now is sweet so I am hoping no one is coming in and ruining that.

This morning we go to the gas station by out house to meet some guy who said he said he was going to sell elder bishop a hammock. We get there and he says we need to go to his house first. We were like, ok, we can go there to buy them he only lives like 10 min away. So we walk all the way out there and it’s way more then 10 minutes walking, then he tells us. To get on his bikes, we are going on the other side of our entire area to this old woman's house to buy the hammocks from her. So we hop on these crappy Guat bikes that I seriously thought were going to break in half the whole time I was riding. The old lady lives deep DEEP in the mountains. So after more than a 45 minute bike ride through the jungle we finally get to the house. Let me tell you, when you haven’t riddin a bike in forever, we were exhausted! Biking uses a whole different set of muscles than walking! . We get there only to find out that the lady had sold all the hammocks except one, and the only one left was a hammock in the flafg colors of Costa Rica. Hahaha so my comp was super mad that we traveled all that way for the wrong one, but he bought it any way . So needless to say I am kind of tired this morning and I m going to be pretty sore tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am going to San Benito then to to Coban. The AP`s asked me to be the guide for the Coban people coming to Peten. That`ll be fun. Elder Tanner and Elder Thacker are going be on the same bus and I love them so I am excited. I am pretty sure my new companion will be coming from Coban so I will mee up with meet him there. Hopefully he’s cool and likes to work or I am gonna blow up on this kid. haha I thought the mission would make me really patient but actually it’s just the opposite! I always have to do stuff NOW! and when people do dumb things I don’t hold back, I tell them right away, haha Before I was just chill, not now! . Ha so I really should work on that a little bit.

I love you family! Mom I am glad you had an amazing surprise b-day party and enjoyed all the grand kids :) I love you.

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment