Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

My District On Our Outing to the Museum in Dolores

My Companion Elder Bishop And I

March 7, 2011

I love you!

This last week started off kind of slow because we moved out of our house on Tuesday and it took all day! Some Guats are so slow. The guy picking everything up was supposed to come at 10:00 in the morning to but he "forgot:” so we were waiting and waiting. I finally called him and he said he couldn't come until 4:00 so yeah it took all day. The new house is much nicer, its all tiled and has a heater on the shower and cabinets and stairs that go to the roof so I can do exercises out side in the mornings! So excited but it’s not to be...the zl`s called me last night to tell me that we had to move AGAIN! Some dumb reason ..I don’t know, but I am calling the owner of the house to see what we can do. I will send pics of the shed and the house next week.

This week I went on two divisions, one with elder Rowan, who's in San Luis. We had a good time actually. The area is huge and very hilly, which is weird for me because all of my areas have been as flat as can be so it was kind of hard walking up all these dang hills. Elder Rowan is a young missionary so I tried teaching him the tricks of the trade. Then I went on divisions with Elder Jensen my ZL. haha he like my favorite person, me and him get along so well. so we just talked about basketball and good times all day long. and even had some dang good lessons. haha I like going on divisions because it gives me a chance to know the other missionaries and other areas. It mixes things up and makes them a lot more fun!

So for the sad news, we had a family of 3 getting baptized this coming week but they fell thru because the dads mom just died in the capital so he left to go be with his family for who knows how long. Now we just have to wait. Hopefully he comes back soon his family is so cool, the perfect investigators.

For p-day we went to a museum in Dolores. Every one said it was so cool so we were all excited to go then when we got there and it was like two rooms of bowls and weird statues...haha so it was a little lame. It was cool to see these beautifully decorated pots that were made 2000 years ago that they found in tombs here in Poptun, Dolores and San Luis. its amazing the things they built by hand.

This week is the last week of changes. It’s been so fast. It is so true, the harder you work the faster the time goes! I am pretty positive that I am staying just because I only have one change here and Elder Bishop has 4 changes.

I love you guys! this work is amazing and I don’t want to be anywhere else. It is such a blessing to be in Guatemala teaching these awesome people.

Love you miss you.

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment