Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 21, 2011


March 21, 2011

Family I love you!!!!

T his week was pretty cool! Not the best for working, but lots of adventures. So it starts off with just say good bye to every one on Tuesday morning. That night we go to San Benito to stay with the zl`s for the night because on Wednesday Elder Bishop leaves for Coban. A bunch of other missionaries were there so it was a fun party night talking with all the amigos in the mission. Wednesday we get up a 4 am and go to the bus station which leaves at 6:00. I was chosen to accompany the missionaries to Coban because there was only one sister and one elder coming back up, so I get on a bus and travel 6 hours to Coban. which was actually really fun because I was with some good friends. The drive was very beautiful. Peten is very flat and really green. Coban is all mountains and jungle . A lot of qeq`chi people leave in Coban so going up there you would see these little bamboo huts literally on top of the mountains with women wearing bright colored skirts made of korte. (bright, shiny plaid fabric like the jackets I gave Connor and Jake). We finally get there but instead of chillin for a few hours and having lunch like I thought I would, it turns out that no body knew what was going on so the hermana I was supposed to collect didn’t even know she was going yet! . So we get there and they cant find her, she is out shopping in the markets. so my two hour "rest" time turned into me and Elder Jennings driving around the city of Coban looking for the sisters. We finally found her and got her bags, then right back onto the bus again for another 6 hour bus ride...it was a very exhausting day!!! With NO food that was the worst!

I also picked up my companion, his name is ELDER VINDEL He is from El Salvador. At first I was scared to have him as a comp. because he has 18 months and is still junior comp and that’s usually not a good sign. He is also very well known for not obeying the rules. So far he has been way chill and nothing bad. I think he was just lazy, but so far he does whatever I do so I got no problem. Ha oh and there is this weird thing going on with his eyes. He can’t look straight at things because his eyeballs move side to side REALLY fast. so to look at things he turns is head so his eyes are to the side so he can focus (if you understand that) so every one thinks he is weird but he is really good with me. We are going to work freaking hard this change and make things happen!

We went to visit some ruins in Dolores for p-day. Which is another area in my district. We walked literally for an hour and a half through thick jungle and mud. It was super pretty and cool to just talk with the district and learn a lot about each other. Ha then when we finally get to the ruins, it was like 6 big rocks with some writings on them.....yeah kinda of a let down but we did find a tiny cave and went in it and found one of those giant nasty looking spiders that are like half spider and half scorpion. We walked all the way back and ate some delicious food at a comedor!

Yeah so this week was fun. I just showed my comp to all the members in the area. I love you guys so much and I love my mission so much you guys have no idea

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment