Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28, 2011

My District
Straight up Jungle
Toucan at the bird lady's house

March 28, 2011

Family!

Last week was the first real week we had to work and it went really well. Elder Vindel and I work really hard and good together. haha I just have to get on him sometimes because he likes to sleep in a little too long. We actually had a good little one on one talk on Saturday and we got to know each other very well. I found out he’s a recent convert, he got baptized 3 years ago with his family. At Christmas when he called home his mom told him that they were getting a divorce and that his dad has began drinking again and that nobody goes to church now. so the poor guy is scared to go home because everything in his family is falling apart. It is so sad, he’s such a good kid and he is out doing the lords work but back at home his family isn’t doing anything to progress. We talked it out and he said for the first he wants to work hard and be obedient. That kind of hit me hard. It was a good bonding time, I haven’t had a heart to heart talk like that in so long so it was nice. so that is why this last week we worked our butts off. We got over a 100 percent and found a lot of new investigators. Ha but now that it’s April the heat here is already out of control. Remember how I told you that its cooler here....yeah well I was wrong! The last 3 days have been so HOT I can hardly handle it. It’s been perfect weather in Peten the last 3 months and now the sun is just burning me up every day. I think I’m going to be carrying an umbrella from now on, ok, call me gay, but you guys have no idea how ridiculous it gets here,without air conditioning.

The other day we found this lady and were teaching her out on her patio, all of a sudden this toucan comes out of nowhere and starts hopping all over the place, I had no idea that toucans hop like that! It’s wings were clipped so it couldn’t fly away. I tried holding it but those things are actually kind of aggressive.
 The bird lady also had like 20 doves and like 3 of those big green parrots and some smaller colorful ones.

Last week was amazing, it was good to get along with my companion. This week we have General Conference so I am really excited to watch that. We are staying here in Poptun to watch it. I sure hope we can watch it in English or I am going to be really mad! When it’s translated it takes away literally 50 % of the amazingness of it. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I will. General Conference is like the highlight of my mission so DONT TAKE ADVATAGE of it :)

Love you guys and be safe!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment