Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, September 19, 2011

August 29th, 2011

August 29th, 2011

Last week was pretty normal, I tried really hard not to listen or think about changes and just keep focused.

On Tuesday my companion Elder N broke out with a huge rash almost looking like he was a leper. It was disgusting, it was all over his body, his back, stomach, legs, arms, and neck. ok it wasn’t that bad but definitely noticeable. We still cant find out what caused it. So all day we just put this itching cream on it and he took a bunch of pills. Then the next day, it would come and go. but at least we worked. Poor kid, his skin would get really red and puffy. I told him it was because he wasn’t working hard enough.

All ended well, so on Saturday morning we decided to make some cookies for the members. There were two members having birthdays, so we used the peanut butter cookie mix that you gave us( mom :) with the rolos and I had a bag of normal chocolate chip cookies , we ended up making 57 cookies out of 3 bags!!! it was amazing. and the members of course LOVED them and want the recipes...haha we still wont give it to them, we just say its a secret. but seriously, they turned out amazing! and yes we still have extra and I am so excited to go home and eat some after this!

Last night we were going to a members house for dinner at about 7 pm and all of a sudden two ambulances pass us and stop just around the corner. and of course we are really nosey and want to know what’s going down in our area so we walk over to see what’s going on. haha bad idea again! well it was a big shock, there was a dead guy just laying in the street in some weird position like he just jumped off the roof. There was like a gallon of blood coming out from beneath him (he was laying face down), so me and my comps asked what happened and some guy told us that a guy just shot him 5 times in the chest 10 min before!!! we could see all the bullet shells and everything. Crazy that the ambulance (and us) got there before the police did. It was really weird to see, I have never seen something like that in the mission so up close. In my first area that was normal but it was far away. but this time was really wierd. he was a tuk tuk driver. tuk tuks are these tiny red car things that go around giving people rides around the area. I guess some guy tried to rob him and he resisted and so he got shot then robbed. Must be why the church says to just hand it over, never resist. Yeah Guatemala is crazy like that, because that is normal here.


Ok so for changes, haha me and my comp Elder N are staying together for a third change...not really what I wanted or expected but everything happens for reason so I will just go with the flow. Yes I will be completing 6 months in this area at the end of this change. I didn’t think that would happen again but I guess it did. Presidente didn’t make any changes for the zl`s.. I have some good hope for this change because we have some good possibilities. 


I finally get my protein that I have been waiting for. Yeah sorry dad in my zone there is no where to buy it so I had to wait until the ap`s got it for me. But I have a question. because I told them I only wanted whey protein, but they got me some other kind and it has a little bit of creatine in it. will that affect anything for basketball? so dad you need look into that. I am working out every morning, its only for an hour but its doing a little bit for me so I am happy :)
well I love you, and I love this work!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment