Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, September 19, 2011

September 5th, 2011

September 5th, 2011

Hey Fam!

Last week went really fast! The new zone seems really cool. We didn’t get allot of new guys but the ones we did get are pretty good missionaries. We got a black missionary from the Dominican Republic! He is super funny but sad to say he very un-athletic so that was a bummer. And yes we are still in a trio, Elder M should be leaving this Friday but we are not sure because the dumb visa people wanted to see his seminary graduation certificate to make sure he prepared himself enough for the mission...yeah I guess Peru is getting really difficult

to enter for the latinos.

This last Saturday we had another BAPTISM!!! it is a wonderful 45 year old

woman who is just amazing, and actually well to do by Guat standards :) haha she is super cool and has loved the gospel since day one. She was a reference from a inactive member actually,. her name is Sister N. Gonzales and I just love her. she always cooks for us and she happens to be cook at a really nice restaurant here in Guat. Her husband lives in New York city.

She has a son who is 21 and doesn’t really want anything to do with the church which is sad because he is pretty cool just really prideful. The baptism was nice and allot of people came and supported her. She definitely will have a calling soon because she is a natural leader and loves learning. Even the bishop complemented us for finding such an amazing convert :) I got to confer her as a member of our church. Probably the most spiritual experience of my mission so far. The lord has so many things laid out for this woman. the only thing that scares me is her husband. I dont know him but of what she tells us...he's not gonna be ok with her being a member. so I am praying by the time he comes back to visit, her testimony will be strong enough to handle it.

Well weird story, so here in Guatemala, not sure if its the same in other latino countries but there are always goat herders walking around in the street selling goat milk, and they always have a huge whip that they crack on the ground and its really really loud. So last Saturday we were just sitting in the house in the morning with out any milk because we ran out, then out of no where I hear the crack of the whip, haha so I get the cool idea to just go buy some fresh goat milk...bad idea. I buy 2 cups for 5 Quetz and pour them into my cereal... I don’t know if any of you have ever tasted goat milk but it is really really creamy and for me was really hot and straight up NASTY! haha So it pretty much ruined my cereal but at least now I can say I tried

fresh warm goats milk :)

Well we worked really hard last week and found some good new Investigators this change we are hoping to see some more success. We will have to see what God has in store for us. I love my mission so much and I am so glad that I can be here in Guatemala serving these people. Not gonna lie, some times they just really tick me off and I want to scream :) but those who find and except this gospel are the ones that make this work sooooooo worth it, and every time I see some one enter into the waters of baptism it just makes me want to find more people so they can know and feel what I know and feel. thank you so much for the package!!!! the cd`s are going to help allot and the cookie mix and cake mix will just be amazing :) love you so

much padres!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment