Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, September 19, 2011

September 5th, 2011

September 12th 2011

Last week went amazing! We went to the area office three Times! ..(.which is 2 hours from my area), because we had to fix every thing for Elder M’s I guess the ambassador is really strict. but they finally dotted all the I’s and crossed every T and all went well.

So this Wednesday we had concilio, which means Tuesday all the zl`s from outside the capital come in to have their P-day and to be here for concilio. It just so happens that almost all the zl`s out side the capital like to play basketball :) so me and the ap`s organized a huge basketball game with all the zl`s at 5:00 in the

high school basketball, so for the mission that is actually pretty good. and we played for at least two hours!! it was absolutely amazing! I kind of messed up my knee the Monday before so I couldn’t really jump but for some reason it didn’t affect my defensive game at all. it was by far the best basketball I had played in about a year and a half :) and my shot was on so I was just killin fools out there! Hahaha I have been getting up at 5:30 every morning to work out so I am getting some muscle back...still skinny but I am getting better. The protein has really helped me, I am starting to do allot more weight now. but I am far from where I use to be. my hops....well those are just long gone, i have been trying to do leg stuff but its just not working for my hops, just the quickness. but i have like 4 months to perfect that :)

Concilio was amazing as always, the one thing that really stuck out to me was when President talked about doing divisions with the other elders, he talked about an experience he had and how we need to show the mission how missionary work needs to be. it just really hit me that honestly as Zone leaders people look up to us. I remember my zl`s when I entered the mission and how I looked up to them. He told us that we can change lives with just the example we do on divisions. Then told a great story about how he still remembers his first zl in Argentina 40 years ago! I always love concilio because it gives me so much of a desire to change, try harder and keep doing my best.

well last week had another baptism!! his name his J Lopez, haha:) he his 32 years old and not married..ok married but his wife left him like 3 years ago. and he has two kids under the age of 8. he is a super dedicated person and loves the church. he used to drink a lot but we have been working with him !! so now he doesn’t drink and loves reading the scriptures!, still kinda hard for him to read the book of Mormon but he reads the bible all the time. The baptism went pretty good, except like every one showed up an hour late, No seriously, the baptism started at 6:00 ...I am not lying when I say it was only me and Elder N, and Elder M until 6:30, then came J and his kids, then finally at 7:00 the bishop came and then every one else. I about went crazy but its ok :) that’s just how it goes here. but it all turned out nice and people finally showed up. J is pretty poor and kind of looks like he will kill you if you look at him wrong but is the nicest guy ever and is actually really smart!

Well as I mentioned earlier, Elder M left. on Sunday for Peru. It was sad to see him go. now it is a lot more quiet. but he will be an amazing missionary!

On Sunday were the elections in Guatemala for the new president and I guess it gets pretty "loco" around here so Pres. Watts wouldn’t let any one go out on Sunday. haha it was one boring day! I read a hundred pages in the old Testament...yeah then I fell asleep :) love you every one!!! hope all is well and every one is healthy. Good Luck Colbi with the baby :)

Elder Toolson

ps if your wondering why I don’t send pics...its because my cable broke

and now I cant!

No comments:

Post a Comment