Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19th, 2011

te amo!!

This week we have been working with a great kid named O, who has been investigating the church for over 2 months. We have taught him but he hasn’t really accepted the truth. We finally sat him down and said ¨look, you have been coming to church every week for the past 2 months and you don’t want to accept it, what is stopping you from believing that this is the true church¨, and he confessed that it was the Book of Mormon, that his parents had been talking bad about it. So we explained the book of Mormon for like an hour straight and had a strong spirit in the room, his best friend who is a member was with us and even he testified and explained the truthfulness of the book of Mormon, and at the very End I just felt that I needed to ask if he wanted to accept a baptismal date, and he accepted!!! it was amazing because I know for a fact that he felt the spirit testify to him that it was true and all he had to do was pray about it. It was a good feeling to see the spirit work right in front of my eyes. and now he is super excited for his baptism. We told all the young men in the ward about his baptism and they all got excited for him and its going to be an amazing baptism on October 8th.

Actually all this week we had some bunch of really good spiritual experiences, like on Tuesday the sisters of the neighboring area asked for us to come over and give them a blessing, so we go over there and I guess one was haveing family problems and the other just couldn’t focus on the mission so both of them asked me to the blessings. Tthese were honestly some of the most spiritual experiences that I have had, I really did feel the spirit guide me in what I needed to say. and when I ended with both of them they were both just bawling, yes I know they are sisters and they do that normally, but this time was different and even I got a little water coming out. ha one of the blessings was in English...yeah that was really weird, I have only given two blessing in English in my entire life. but doing it in your own language really does feel better.

Well, today for p-day we went to the sisters house over in Molino because some guy was going to fix their sink and they needed us to protect them or something. one of the sisters is from Honduras and she taught me how to make home made flour tortillas! they were amazing and I made like 15 of them. then we put on some beans and eggs and sour cream and fried platano, it was amazing!!!

Sorry this week was a little boring. I love you all and home all his well. PEACE!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment