Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 27th, 2011

I just want to start off saying CONGRATS SEAN AND COLBI with your

first little baby boy!!!! (They had a little girl.. I think this is KC’s way of saying “if you had written me more often Sean I would have known she was a girl “ I am so excited for you guys. Dang! everything cool is happening now! keep sending me pictures please I want to see more :) just give me a good 6 years and I’ll have a baby too!

Ok well last week went good and really fast! We found a good family this week and we brought some members to their home and the new family even showed up to church! it was amazing teaching them because we put a baptism date with them and they all excepted it...except the dad of course. but he is super cool and I know he will except it eventually. so I have some good high hopes for this family I just hope nothing goes wrong. Well this week we really worked with the ward and with our mission leader and made a really good plan to get the members more involved. ha we got a new mission leader and he is super excited to help us out and has a ton of dang good ideas to get the members going. So this week

of course to get some stuff started we all gave talks in sacrament, me, my comp, and the mission leader (brother M) . it went really well and then after church we had ward council with all the leaders and we got every one to help us out :) so the ward is really progressing and I am hoping to see some good success here.

ha-ha then Sunday as well the stake President wanted me and my comp to go to a meeting for future elders and give another talk well, not really a talk, just an extended testimony pretty much, then after that we went to a lady’s house and cast out a devil. yep I am not even lying. I thought the bishop was kidding at first but when we showed up to the house all the members were waiting for us and their faces said it all. no one talked and they all had the look of death on them. It was pretty scary actually. So we went inside this tiny little shack made of tin and we all kneeled in a circle and said a prayer then the bishop did his "thing" to cast out the devil. I guess she made her neighbor mad and that practices witch craft and now her house was haunted. yeah crazy stuff here in guat town!

Today I am writing on Tuesday because yesterday we had a surprise conference for all the districts in the zone. The ap`s call us the night before and we have to prepare talks. Monday was a long day. We showed up at 8 in the morning and literally didn’t leave until 6 at night. Luckily and thankfully Sister Watts brought us some turkey sandwiches :) I guess many in the mission were being super

Disobedient and so Pres. W wanted to talk to every one and see what is going on. I don’t know why some missionaries are so dumb! I guess pres W had to send some people home. Me and my comp talked about how we need to follow the spirit in everything we do and how we need to be worthy to have the guidance as well. I think it went really well President even congratulated us because this zone has no problems.

I don’t know what happened but I messed up my shoulder blade pretty bad. one day I was doing bench in the morning and my right peck was hurting but not that bad so I kept going and now I haven’t been able to work out or play sports or anything for a good week now. I have been taking pain pills but nothing helps. it hurts every time I move my right arm. I’m going to call the doctors because I think I pulled something really bad or a bone moved out of place cause its not getting better. No worries the lord will provide :) today we were suppose to go to the temple and have a good time but no!!! I guess one of the 70 told pres w we can only go every 6 months!!! Yeah that’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard. so today we did nothing. Every one played soccer and basketball and I sat there and read a book...lame! Well that’s about it for this week. I am so excited to see general conference! you guys have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope all of you are excited too and don’t take it for granted. On the mission I have gained a love for general conference. so watch it and learn something :) love you every one!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment