Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, November 1, 2010

August 16th, 2010


Hey family!

It was good to hear that the funeral went really well and every thing was "grandpa" style. That makes me smile. Sean sent me the whole talk he gave at the funeral, it was amazing. I just wish I had been there to say good bye to grandpa and see the funeral. 



This week went pretty good, I didn’t let me comp. get baggy and we worked really hard and found a sweet kek´chi family that is a good possibility because they all came to church and really liked it. We finally went to that place way far away called "paraiso" and we visited a few less active members and found some other new investigators. Literally all the lessons were in kek´chi so I didn't understand a thing. The place is in the straight jungle, like deep deep jungle. The people all live in bamboo huts and eat corn all day every day. It was so awesome to see how they really lived, and how they are all so happy running around having a good time. We got lost for a good 30 minutes because some of the houses we would just see smoke and start climbing over these huge mountains with no trails to get to it. so coming back we got a little lost :) but every house we went to there gave us something to take home, ha mostly avocados because it’s the season for them. It is cool to see the poorest people ever always give you the most. The only thing that stinks is that my companion is leaving, most likely my new comp wont know kek´chi and we will never go back. It is really sad for me because even though I have no clue what they were saying, just the fact that they are so humble and nice I really want to go back!

I guess the missionary department wants the missionary's to stay in their areas longer, so I have a feeling that I'm going to be here for a while. I should get my new comp Wednesday night. I am kind of sad, Elder Espana has been my best comp in the field so far. He has taught me so much! my Spanish is so much better now and I actually know how to work with smarts, not just have a lot of lessons which is what like all the missionaries do. I just hope that my new companion is a good worker and we get along, there are so many people here that need to hear the gospel, and we have some sweet family's that are good possibilities.

Family, I just want you to know that I am having the time of my life and I am learning stuff on my mission that I would never have the opportunity to learn other wise. It is weird to think how much I have changed already and its only been 7 months and then to think what I am going to be like in 2 years, no wonder all the missionaries are weird when they come home! :) but I am glad every one got say good bye to G pa before he passed away. I love every single one of you :)



Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment