Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, November 1, 2010

Working hard pays off!

July 26th

This week went really well. I was kind of sick on Tuesday so we missed out that day, but I told my comp that we needed to work harder for missing it, and what do you know? we totally rocked it! Christian and Vanessa, two investigators that my comp has been working with for a while have been going to church and everything but just never wanted to be baptized. So I tell my comp. we need to have a movie night with them and watch the Testaments and we can make them some brownies (thank you mother :)) He thought it was a good idea and we totally did and it turned out perfect. at the end we set dates with both of them for this Saturday!! I am so stoked for that! Haha. The only bummer is that Vanessa is scared of the river so I cant baptize in the river :( which is like one of the thing I really want to do in my mission so bad. but its no big deal, I am not whining! we just have to find out some other way now cause the font in the church (house) doesn’t work. well the river keeps rising. Its finally reached all the houses on the beach, even like the hotels and stuff there, and I’m pretty sure its only going to get higher from there to. I guess there’s like a whole little town for the people when the river floods there houses, so that’s good to hear.

The other day the sun was unreasonably hot, like I couldn’t even look straight with out my eyes watering, it was so strong, and let me just tell you that I have been walking in the sun for the past 4 months with out sunscreen! But today, by the time I finished the day and went home and took a shower I was FRIED! who would have guessed that the sun is randomly way stronger one day then all the others. so that was horrible to walk around the rest of the week burnt and sweating. haha and I also burnt my hand on the stove pretty good too, all blistery and pussy, good times. other than that we had a dang good week and had a lot of success, and still ended the week with over 100 percent animo.

This p day we had a zone activity at the zl’s church. we played tug-a-war, jello eating contest, three legged race, water balloon toss, then the final game was capture the flag with water balloons. haha it was so much fun, and yes of course my district won baby!! then we all ate sloppy joes and went home. It all turned out really good.

well that’s good to here that every one is having a blast at California!

I love you guys so much and hope the best for you. I know this is the true church and we have a living prophet on the earth today :)

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment