Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, November 1, 2010

Blessings

Hey Family!

This week Elder Smith and I worked really hard and had some good success! Elder Espana baptized a family a few months ago but not every one got baptized, just the parents and two of the kids. Me and him tried to get the rest of the kids after but they never were really interested. Elder Smith and I went over there and got to know them better. we played some games with them then asked them if they wanted to be baptized and they said yes! So we have 3 baptism dates for this Saturday! There is still one more girl in the family not wanting to get baptized but we will work on her. Right now we are just trying to complete the whole family because they are really sweet! It’s going to be a good experience to see them get baptized.

Last week and this week we have been contacting so much! so this week we are going to work our butts off to find some people that are ready and excited to except this gospel. I’ve been praying really hard to find the elect people here so I have faith that if I work hard enough that it will happen. Me and Elder Smith are doing great! We get along together perfectly and nothing is in our way. Did I tell you that his grandma is actually from Guatemala? That is so cool.

For P-day today we watched "The

Work and the Glory"( which is an amazing movie by the way. It is really cool having a house full of gringos… but for my Spanish? not so good.

Our neighbor is LDS but is pretty much inactive and goes to another church. She has a handicapped son who is about nine. two days ago he was freaking out and had a huge fever si she called us to come give him a blessing. Elder Smith and I went over there and saw that he poor boy was laying on the bed rolling around and moaning uncontrollably. Elder Smith did the anointing and I did the blessing. Literally right when I put my hands on his head he just stopped moving and sat there. His mom just started crying. I gave a blessing for him to get over his sickness and then we told her that it depends on their faith, then we left. The next day we went out to work and she comes up to us and starts crying again and starts to kiss our hands and tells us that the boy has been fine since the we began the blessing. it was an amazing moment to see this lady find out how powerful the priesthood is. Hopefully she starts to go to church again!

I love you guys so much and miss you!

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment