Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, November 1, 2010

My New Companion is Elder Smith

Hola familia!

To start off, my companion is FREAKING SWEET! His name is Elder Smith, (and yes, his mom is on the missionary mom sight, because Elder Fast’s mom is bff’s with her already, so look her up). Elder Smith is seriously just like me and would fit in with my group of friends so easily! He has a change behind me. I have 7 months and he has 6 months. This week has been kind of slow because Monday we said good bye to all the families for elder Espana then Tuesday he packed all day and we went to the zone leaders house, then Wednesday me and elder Mcfee went back to Sayaxche to pick up an Elder coming from Coban, and being sent him to another area. Me and him slept in our house that night. then Thursday we finally got our companions. Mine is elder Smith and elder Mcfees is elder Drach. so now we have four gringos in the house and its like a party every night :) haha just kidding. Don’t worry we are all good missionaries and going to work hard! All of Thursday we had district meeting then we had to go buy all our food then they had to unpack so by the time that all ended it was like 7:00 at night . We didn’t even start working until Friday. Elder Smith and I work very hard together and oh you don’t have to worry, we will have lots of fun and success! I am so excited for this change, and most likely we are going to be companions for next change too but we´ll see on that. Elder Smith was a quarterback in high school and is athletic so we always talk about sports. My biggest worries ate since my area is so big and stuff its sometimes hard for me to remember where all the houses are. Sometimes we are just walking around trying to find the houses:) haha it´ll get better. We set 3 fetchas on Saturday. so we will see how that goes. This Sunday went pretty well we had 4 investigators in church but we don’t have a speaker system in our branch and the latino’s giving talks dont talk loud enough so some times we can not hear anything they are saying so it seems pretty boring to the investigators. We are going to talk to the branch president about that soon.

about your question dad, regarding the kek´chi people, all of the husbands can speak spanish. and in there culture if the husband says they´re getting baptized then they get baptized. but no, me and elder Smith don’t speak it...i really don’t know what to do.

I miss you guys so much. I love my mission more than ever and it keeps getting better and better. The Lord has really blessed me with some good companions who make me want to be my best, and in the mission that is like a HUGE deal. It’s just another testimony booster for me because I am always praying to get a cool comp that will help me out :) I love you guys and hope all is well.

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment