Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, November 1, 2010

My First Ruins

I love this Monkey!
We visited the sweetest caves with bats and really cool bugs..

This thing is the size of my face!
Mm's note: these are called Tanzanian whip tail scorpions
The First Ruins
I think I read about this place in Third Nephi

Buenas dias familia!

So sorry for being late again, but we didn’t even get home last night until about 8 o’clock so we couldn't go to the internet place. Last week went really well and we worked really hard. We are finding more and more great investigators here but the only problem is that in Sayaxche , no one is married! OR they have wives but they don’t live with them and they live with their girlfriends. Dang, we have two really sweet couples but they both are married to different people. Ah, no worries we have some other cool investigators that are progressing very well. This week we had our stake conference, actually, it's called district conference here, and it was really good. We had six investigators show up! This is amazing because it was a 2 hour drive to get to our district center. Get this, pur branch ordered 2 micro buses so we crammed about 50 people into them :) haha that's Guatemala for you! President torres showed up and he and his wife gave amazing talks! All of our investigators loved it so that was awesome.

The other day my companion and I were contacting and I get to this house and there's a little spider monkey leashed to a tree so of course I tell my comp that we have to play with! At first I was kind of nervous or scared because I didn’t want it to bite me, but I just picked up the monkey and within like 30 seconds it was giving me hugs and crawling all over me :) haha I love monkeys! so now every time we go past it me and my comp play with it for a couple minutes!

This month it is the rainy season and the river next to us no lie and risen like 9 feet already and only getting higher. It's just about to flood all the houses that are next to the river. Some of the houses are built on stilts so they will be fine, but others will be toast if it rises another couple feet . The worst part is that we have a sweet recent convert family that lives on the river and their house is not on stilts. My comp said that they just live in their lanchas or those little boats, which to me is crazy and don’t really believe him but there's really nothing else they can do.

ok so this week for p day guess what I did? yeah that’s right, I got to visit my first ruins! :) They are called Yaxcha, and it was SO Sweet!!!! there were some giant temples and they are right next to the river so it was so beautiful! , all together there were about like 15 different temples We got in free because I guess the governor is Mormon and he hooked us all up :)

Well family, I love you and I'm glad to hear every one is doing so well :) love you guys so much and miss you!

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment