Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, November 1, 2010

Baptisms!

Hola Familia!

hahaaha

I’m so glad that there was no sun this year for you guys :) I know that’s mean but it makes me feel SO much better about not being there with you!! but you guys still had fun so that’s good, and of course Johnny and Livy go to the San Diego Zoo, I’ve only wanted to go there my whole life and still haven’t gone...thanks! hahaha

This week went really well. We had interviews this Thursday and they went pretty well. There is this new rule that interviews cant be longer then 10 minutes, so I got asked about 2 questions and then it was over. Botta bing. We stayed in a hotel with AIR CONDITIONING! in Guatemala (that is huge for us missionaries!). I think that night I slept better then ever! . We got to stay there because Sayaxche is two hours away and we had to be there early in the morning the next day. Two other districts stayed ithere with us so we all ordered Pizza Hut. An Elder had a birthday so he bought a piñata and we all took a turn and hit at it until it exploded! haha even the A.P.s came over to tell us to stop and go to bed...and then they joined us in the piñata thing :) The next day we went to zone conference. We got some new rules, the whole interview thing, then zone conference is every other change, we can only have one zone activity a change, and now president has to interview every one 17 years and under...how ever that’s going to work. ?? some missionaries are freaking out about the new rules. I guess change is harder for some. I guess I haven’t been out long enough for it to seem too weird.

Baptisms!

In the morning we went to clean out the baptismal font because it is outside and there was a tree that had fallen over it and vines were growing every where. It hasn’t been used in like a year because we usually baptize in the river. No problems, we just borrowed two machetes and literally chopped this tree in half and took down all the vines. ha probably the most physical labor I’ve done in my mission :) Then we went over to the Vanessa’s house, and helped her mom make all the sandwiches for the baptisms.

The baptisms was supposed to start at 5:00 ... in Guatemala time that means 5:45 so that’s when we did it. My comp didn’t want to do them because apparently he doesn’t like getting wet, so I did both of them! haha i had no problem with that. Can I just say that doing the baptisms was so amazing! To see these people change there lives and come into this church was so amazing to see. The Spirit was so strong , around 35 people were there to support them. . both of them when they came up out of the water with huge smiles on there faces. Both Christian and Vanessa are really sweet and going to be good members of the church.

Ugh! On Sunday there is this new "school" that is free, and teaches dancing and guitar and stuff like that so we literally can’t get any investigators to come to church. OK, we had one but if it wasn’t for that school we could have had like 5.

This week only 29 people came to church. The guy who was supposed to give a talk, wasn’t there so who does the Bishop choose to give the talk? Yep, that’s right, me! I had to give a 15 min talk about faith. It’s just a good thing I am dang good at talking about faith. I got up and told a tiny joke spoke on faith with out works is dead and how we need to have a testimony of this church. I talked for a good 16 min I was actually really proud of my self :) haha in all honesty I was freaking out, but I said a little prayer in my heart and the lord truly helped me out so much, stories and scriptures just kept popping in my head. even my Spanish was way better! It was amazing to see the Lord help me in my time of need. Just another testimony builder :)

Dearest family, I love you guys and I am glad every one had just a semi good time in cali ;) haha no just kidding...but seriously! the mission is gettin better and better every day and I love being here and wouldn’t want to be any where else!

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment