Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm in the Jungle!






I got a change to PETEN!

Peten is out of the capital and in straight up jungle! Seriously, it’s the prettiest place I have ever seen. Tecal and all the sweet ruins are in this area! All of the cool pictures you see of Guatemala are of this place My area is called Sayaxche. it is really sweet and supposedly one of the best areas in Peten. All the areas in Peten are HUGE! my area reaches the Mexican border. It’s like size of the whole capital almost. The one bad thing about this area is that it’s very hot and humid. On average it’s about 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity. haha so I’m going to be sweating a lot this change! but my comp is elder España, he is way sweet and a really hard worker, They just baptized a family of 5 last week. He says now that they don’t really have any good investigators so we are going to have to contact and work really hard these first couple weeks.

Oh my gosh I cant even begin to tell you how excited I am to be in Peten and out of the capital. My house is pretty cool, but kind of ghetto, we dont have any thing to wash our dishes except a pipe out side pocking out of the wall, and our shower is also a pipe sticking out of a wall, but its really hot here so I don’t even care if its cold water. we live with the district leader and his comp, both gringos...which kinda stinks because I want to work on my spanish and it will be hard with two gringos.

Let me tell you how I got here! First we get on a big tour bus and its really sweet! it had tvs, reclining chairs, air conditioning, and there weren’t very many people in there so we got to have a spot all to our selfs, haha but the ride was 10 hours long! but we came up as a group of six so we just talked all the way up there and slept. then we get to Peten at like 10:00 at night and we go and sleep at the zone leaders house, then in the morning we get up and me and my comp get in a micro bus and take a 3 hour ride to this river, load up all my bags on this boat and we have to cross this river to get to Sayaxche, it wasnt very big tho. then we walked with all my suit cases like a half mile to the house. haha I literally sweating from head to toe and it was like 9:00 in the morning.

My area is very green and jungley, but luckily there aren’t any mountains, its pretty flat, but the scenery is absolutely amazing!!!, I wish you guys could see it!

Oh and my companion says that there are wild monkeys here, and every one gives you coconuts because they grow every where around here, and there’s some big snakes :) so I’m so stoked to see some actual wild life! well family I’m doing better then ever right now! my stomach problems went away too ( thanks to Mckell's chinese stuff ) love you all and I know this church is true :)

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment