Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, October 25, 2010

April 26, 2010

Go Gringo!
Soup

April 26th, 2010

What’s up Family?

I miss you, and this week was another good week! the weather was amazing, it rained only once for an hour then the whole week it was just barley cloudy so it covered the sun and had a little breeze, I loved it, because when it’s not cloudy it’s so freakin hot! One day it rained, and right after the sun came out and seriously it was the most humid it has ever been! I was sweating bullets, that was a hard day This week all together was good, we found a lot of new investigators, around 20 which is the best I have ever done, but now the challenge is to see if they will want to see us again and we can invite them to be church. This area is hard but at the same time has a lot of potential so we will see how it goes this coming week.

For p days in my new area so far i have done nothing, the first week was the transfer so i didn’t do anything, the second week we went to the capital because my companion had to do something for his credit card. This week I went to the area office and had to sign a paper for my passport. Last week every one played dodge ball, haha and yes I still eat taco bell but this week since I was like in the middle of the city we went to KFC, which is way better here than in the states let me tell you!

Oh I have a story for you guys...so we have this lesson with this inactive member and we get there and they are killing chickens so they can sell them and make this weird chicken soup. You know the kind you always hear about with the feat still in it. They were taking the chickens and slitting their throats, then boiling them, then plucking the feathers and all that jazz. My companion was l freaking out and saying how nasty it was, then the member asked him to do one and he was like ´no way that’s nasty´. Then he turns to me and was like `hey gringo wanna try` haha so I said why not that sounds fun!. So he takes this chicken and stuffs it’s head down a construction cone until only its head is popping out and he hands me the knife and says to have at it. I’m freaking out (inside), because I don’t have a clue what I’m doing and this chicken is wigging out so I grab its head and yank down on it so it cant move and just start cutting and before I knew it I just chopped the chickens head right off....haha I wasn’t supposed to do that, only cut it’s throat. I think he was kind of mad but that’s what he gets for letting a gringo do it any way!!

Fam, I’m doing mighty fine and it’s only getting better for me. The Lord has blessed me with so much, so I’m going to work my butt off for Him. ..And yes, I’m doing the Book of Mormon thing, I”m on page 80 and I made a goal to myself to finish the promise by may 25, which is really hard let me tell you! but I WILL do it. I love you!

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment