Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, October 25, 2010

La Lyenda Uno

Elder Garcia, my new companion from Honduras

Hola familia!

This past week was pretty good, we worked really hard and we got a baptism date!! haha Then, what do you know??...I gotta a change! , yep, I got it this morning. My com is a latino and he is way cool and I hear he is a hard worker so that makes me feel so good you have no idea. I’m about an hour away from my last area and it is way different. its kind of weird. this area is called La Lyenda Uno and its about 6 times bigger then my last area so i will be doing a lot of walking. haha so pretty much this change will be by far the hardest part of my whole mission cause now I actually have to speak Spanish! and walk alot. this area is a hard area too but I dont care cause i am bound and determined to get a baptism this change! All is well, my companions name is Elder Garcia and he is from Honduras.

It’s been raining, we ran into our house at the end of the night and I slipped going down the stairs again! haha i swear it’s the shoes, except this time was way worse, i slipped so hard that my legs flew out and my tail bone just smashed the end of the stair, then I tried to save my self with my elbows and totally nailed those, then my back smashed the stairs too. My tail bone still hurts a week later but my bruises went away on my elbow and my back is finally, haha yeah I’m retarded.

since I was leaving and it was Fast Sunday I went up there and bore my testimony...haha my first time during sacrament meeting and it was in Spanish. it was weird because I really grew to love the people so when I went up there I actually started to cry a little, ha so I just stood at the pulpit for a good 20 seconds to stop then I was good. Because if I would have cried they for sure wouldn’t have understood me! After church and lunch we went out working again and we got that date set with a guy named carlos, he is super cool and I’m bummed I won’t be there for the baptism. hahaah poor Elder Letner! This whole he was saying that he was going to get a change because he has been in this area for so long, so he was trying to teach me the streets and he was so happy to leave the area., I told him if he didn’t get a change I would laugh at him, so Saturday night comes around when every one gets there changes and we are sitting there waiting and the zone leader came out and said only me and elder shone are getting changed and the look on elder Letner’s face was just horrible, and the worst part is he didn’t even say anything, and I felt really bad so I didn’t make fun of him...until the next day of course! but yeah elder Letner has been out for one year now and has only been in two areas which were both really bad by the way.

How the heck are you guys doing to Hawaii?, you guys are just living the life now that your baby is out of the house!

Well, I’m not gonna lie this new area feels so weird to me...its kind of strange because I have never felt this way, not when I went to the mtc or got to Guatemala. I think its like hitting me how different it is, how real, especially now that I have a Latino companion so I have to speak more Spanish and he’s from a whole different country. Don’t worry about me though, I’m going to love no matter what! I am so excited to go out and work another new area! oh and tell Stacy thanks for trying, it probably wont come but he was nice enough to try. I didn’t think they would let him travel around my old area, it’s too dangerous for tourists.

I love you fam, be safe and choose the right!

Love Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment