Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

January, 19, 2010

January 19, 2010

Hey family how’s it going?!

I am still doing great here in Utah. The dude who was our DL got moved, so I am now the District Leader. What are these people thinking? Although being district leader is not even that hard, I just have like 3 hours of more meetings on Sundays. I even like the meetings because my branch presidency is way cool. All 3 of them are way funny and we get along very well.

I finally became like really good friends with some of the guys in my zone. Elder Glover is a favorite, he’s freaking funny and of course he loves basketball. He’s the only really good one I play with, but that’s kinda funny because he was a cheer leader for Utah State…which of course I tease him about, he would seriously fit in my group of friends perfect. Elder Curtis is from Washington is the old zone leader He’s way tight and me and elder fast talk with him all day because he’s totally into sports and very spiritual, but they just left this morning for their missions so that sucks!

Get this, I just found out that my new zone leader Elder Larson is from

dessert Ridge and lived there for like 8 years! It was crazy we talked about it for like 3 hours the other night when we found out. I’m not lying when I way he’s the perfect person, he’s good looking, he’s written 3 books already, one of them is a 250 page book about the atonement, and he’s beyond smart. His job before the mission was a professional speaker for a hospital to sell some kind of equipment.AND he knows everything about anything in the church. It’s so fun talking to him and hearing all these stories about the Book of Mormon.

The language is going pretty well but it our teachers are not teaching that much spanish any more.. just a lot of preach my gospel. I was so mad at first because of that, then I found this scripture that says something like you need to seek to obtain thy word and your tongue will be loosed or something like that, so I’m just going memorize preach my gospel then have faith enough to get the language in the field.

Love you always,

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment