Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, October 25, 2010

The busses are running again!

"I don't know if it's poisonous.."


Mom looked it up, it's a "coffee" snake. they are really small and eat worms and bugs and are common pets in Guatemala. :)

What’s up family?!

To answer some of your questions, all is well in Guatemala now. The bridge is fixed and all the buses are getting through. They actually fixed it really fast, ha just poured some dirt and packed it over all the water, but its been working all week!

Yes I saw the pictures of the sink hole in the city, that thing is so big, and it’s like a perfect circle. It hasn’t really rained too much, about every other day for an hour or two, but clouds are always here, it will be bright sunny then literally 30 minutes later its covered in clouds again!

I thought that maybe with all the destruction in Guat. that it would make the people more humble, like you said mom, but it didn’t. It didn’t really do too much in this area. The people actually don’t even talk about it much., I even try to bring it up all the time and they just say a couple words about it. The only thing they want to talk about is the big sink hole thing. Maybe volcanoes and hurricanes are normal around here!

This week we went on changes with some priests in my ward, thinking it was going to be for one lesson or maybe two, but my companion told me that it was going to be for like 4 hours, which kinda scared me because I’m used to starting off the lessons and asking a whole bunch of questions and all that stuff, so I thought it would be pretty awkward, especially when I don't understand the question or something. I'm not gonna lie it turned out really well, we taught 5 lessons to all investigators and the kid I was with ( oscar) was actually a really good help and pulled out great scripture references and helped me understand some of the questions in spanish better. The Lord really helped me out and I understood a lot more then I usually do. At the end of the day me and my comp ended up with 13 lessons all together!!! so it was definitely a success. We might do it again this week so we will see what happens.

And mom, about drinking coke to get rid of parasites, remember another one of those different rules I told you about that this President has? well he said "your not allowed to drink cola or pepsi at all" and being the obedient elder that I am, I’m just going to have to live with all the parasites. Today me and my comp are going to Pizza Hut for the first time, and pizza hut here is literally a restaurant with waiters and menus and everything. so I'm pretty excited to go eat there cause every one says its really good :)

Hey this week I finished D&C and the pearl of great price. I never realized how amazing D&C was. I loved every page of it and learned so much about our church that I didn’t know before! Now my task is to read the mission library then the New Testament. but that might take me while because I’m going to read the mission library in English AND Spanish, except for Jesus the Christ cause that book is so long.

oh and I totally caught my first snake this week. it wasn't very big, only about 8 inches long and pretty skinny. but it was all red with a black head and black spots on its back. I don't know if it is a dangerous kind but I picked it up and it didn’t do anything so I just played with it and chased my comp around cause he's a huge girl about snakes.

I am loving my area and companion and mission so much more with every day. Its weird cause some days I'm like freakin out because the language is so hard and I cant speak it well, and its rainy and gloomy, but then the next day I'm like so excited to go talk to people about the gospel and I have all this confidence and loving life!. But don’t worry the bad days are getting fewer and fewer every week. and they don’t really even last the whole day so that’s good.

I have really felt the hand of the Lord in my mission more then I have ever before, I can literally tell and see all the things that he has helped me with. It’s amazing what the mission can do for you :) well family I love you so much and hope your having fun this summer in that good old Arizona heat!

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment