Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, October 25, 2010

I hate the rain!

Typical Guatemalan Dog..Not a huge fan. Creepy looking and mean!
From here to there
Let it rain!
Much greener here than my last area

Hey family!

Another great week. we really worked hard and we ended up with 12 new investigators. we have had two fetchas with these really sweet girls. When ever they see us they ask for us to teach them and they loved going to church this week which was a good thing. This week has really boosted my confidence because we have worked really hard and had a lot of success.

I have come to realize that I hate the rain! The rain makes me want to go sleep and do nothing, all it’s done this week is rain!...and no I didn’t slip down the stairs again or anything! They say that for the next two months it is the stormy season so that stinks for me! I’m just going to have to get it out of my head and keep working harder.

The members here are really cool, they love church and always have al ot of questions for us and they give us a lot of references too, which I love. We got 7 references this week which is good. oh and guess what!? the freaking suitcase came! holy cow you guys must really love me cause that thing was packed full of goodies! Thank you so so so much for that, and tell the Wardrops and Hancocks thanks too for me, I love them! haha I think I will be set for snacks for the next 6 months!

Last week when we were going home from using the internet we went to get on a bus and it was packed full so they said to just jump on top, it had a rack on it so don’t worry. We were thinking that this would be cooler, and should be fun, so this bus goes flying off because it’s full to the top and it doesn’t need to stop for any one else. There are wires hanging from the streets missing us by inches, the trees are hitting the bus on top and it was so scary, iI loved it!!!! You know me and roller coasters, it was like a real life death defying roller coaster! it takes about one hour to get home from the city part where we shop.

my new area is more farm land, there are a lot of chickens, cows and horses that just walk around town eat all day its pretty cool. the area is pretty big so I do a lot of walking but the hills are not as bad so that is good. This area is usually hot, but it is the rainy season so its actually like really good weather besides the whole rain part.

My apartment is way cool, it’s just me and my companion, we have a really nice shower and the shower head is set up high so I don’t have to bend over. We have a little work out place so that’s cool.. My new district is really awesome, they are all hard workers and do wha’ts right. My zone is alright, I don’t really know any one, but elder Jennings who is from Mesa and went to Mt View. He’s amazing, I like to talk to him. I’m almost done with the Book of Mormon, just another two days maybe!

ok well I gotta go fam, I love you so much and hope all goes well and don’t worry about me I’m doing fine over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment