Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Growth

February, 2010

This week was another great week . To start things off, we got to listen to brother Hinckley, president Hinckley’s son. He was a great speaker. He talked about teaching with the spirit and being able to leave your mission saying "I’m glad I did rather then I wish I had" which really hit me hard because that’s what I’ve been thinking about a lot in here. Already I’m thinking of all the things I would do different in high school and stuff, and I don’t want to say that about my mission. I want to be the best missionary EVER!

This week one of the older districts left and we have a tradition where we keep handing down certain things from one district to another. I ended up getting 2 things! It was cool because they make a big deal about all the stuff and I just happened to get 2. I got a sombrero from my zone leader then I got this bad comfy chair from elder Washburn, haha I got the chair because he said I was the most chill. So now it’s my job to hand them down to some one else.

Well, now I’m trying to part my hair. I’m going to try and grow it out.. it’s gonna look good :) haha im so excited to rock the parted hair. I haven’t had partable hair in years! My hair isn’t long enough yet so its going to take some time. I’m only doing this because I’m not sure if my mission president will let me have a buzzed head, and I want to make a good impression on him, hopefully i don’t look to much like a tool!

Lately I’ve been studying the Abrahamic covenant and stuff...i just want to know why no one bothered to tell me what that was! since i've been here in the mtc I’ve learned so much about church stuff that I should have learned a long time ago so i blame you parents for not telling me, and allowing me to feel like a total tard when every one knows but me! but it was cool learning about it and and having the kids in my district go in deep about it.

I got to teach the first lesson in espanol again. I did much better this time except I couldn’t understand this lady, this lady was about 70 years old, 4'8, and didn’t know any english she was from Honduras. E

lder Fast and I would just act like we knew what she said and continue with lesson, she probably thought we were retarded. This up coming Monday we are teaching the second lesson which is way harder to teach and more stuff to learn, so this week I’m going to have to be studying my buns off!

Gotta run, the Church is true! Love you!

Elder Kurtis Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment