Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, October 25, 2010

Bits and Pieces of May and June

Bits ad Pieces May and June

This week we had interviews with President, zone conference, then two really big service projects that lasted 5 hours in the after noon. Our first service project we went to a warehouse and packaged food all day, then we played ultimate Frisbee. Our second project was on Sunday in the afternoon it rained really hard that morning and a house was going to get crushed by a mountain of dirt so 50 people had to go and remove all the dirt by their house. No lie when I say mud came up to almost the middle of my shines, my shoes got ruined and I was covered in mud! But we really did save this house from getting destroyed so I didn’t even care

So last week I got to eat at Pizza Hut and KFC all in one week and its never tasted so good!!! haha its funny how here, Pizza Hut is amazing and some of the best pizza I have ever had but then in the states its like the worst pizza, I enjoyed every bite of it let me tell you!

Ok, so the other day we were teaching an investigator who lives on a little farm on a hill so when we teach him we sit on buckets, right side up, and we taught him for like 30 min and I was thinking dang my foot fell sleep from sitting on this thing, so I get up to shake off my sleeping foot and it turns out that it wasn’t just my foot but literally my entire right leg, and I dont know if you guys know how it feels to have an entire leg that fell asleep! It was like being paralyzed, so when I stood up and couldn’t use my whole leg I start to fall and tried to catch my self...yep didn’t work and I fell straight on my butt, hard, and it was all muddy and I’m pretty sure there was some cow urine mixed in there with it, haha so I felt like a total tard, and they both just sat there and laughed at me, and the worst part is i just had to sit there for a little bit because my leg had to get some feeling in it before I tried to get up again!! :)

This Sunday was actually kinda cool, we were teaching a kid named Rony the plan of salvation and he understood it all and liked it (which is rare) and after I asked him if he knew if this church was true,( I usually don’t asked that by the way), Rony just started crying and said this was the church that he has been looking for his whole life and it was amazing! so I asked if he’d want to get baptized but he has to ask his parents first, even tho he’s 22.

OK, I will start with last week: We worked really hard, especially with our new and old investigators. so this week at church 7 investigators showed up and had an amazing time! then on Sunday me and my companion went back to visit them and we set 3 fetchas for next week!!! a mom and her daughter, then a 22 year old kid, and seriously they will all be sweet members. We really ended the change amazing! but one of the bad parts is.....me and my companion had changes. haha so two new elders will show up this week and just get 3 baptisms, guess I am a sower, just not a reaper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment