Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, October 25, 2010

May 24th, 2010

What's up friends and family!

I had another great week this week! We set two baptisms appointments with so I’m way excited to see if they progress. We worked hard and got a lot done, I am glad I get to stay this time to see these thru to baptism.

Changes were today and me and my comp are staying together for another change so that’s good because he knows the area and so we can just keep going, but bad because he’s getting really annoyed with me for always being on his case. I keep threatening him with a smack down, and then try to guilt him into doing what is right. I think this next change will be really good though.

This week I had a very humbling experience . I was sitting in a recent converts house teaching them about eternal families and it started to rain very hard. Every one has metal roofs here, so the rain is Loud!!, and as we were teaching I see all this water just flooding in to their house so of course I freak out asking what we need to do to fix it and they just looked at me and laughed and said its normal and we can just go into the other room, so we go into the other room...like 5 feet away cause there house is very small, and we start teaching them again and then more water starts pouring in and we are all sitting on the bed. All their stuff is just soaked and they just sat there like they didn’t care, so I asked them if it was normal and they said yeah and they will just take a broom and sweep out all the water tomorrow, then they asked us to leave because they did not want our stuff to get all wet. When I got home it hit me how different these people live. And they don’t complain. I mean in the states that would never happen even in the ghettos, and here its like normal. its so sad and humbling for me to see the most sweet and nice who have so little and they don't whine about it.

Oh and here's another weird experience. We went up to teach this kid on the very top of this huge hill and right when we get up there this other little kid is carrying a baby cow on a string and just dragging it, so I asked him what happened and he said it died like 30 min ago, and he was dragging it to throw it over the hill, so I asked him if he needed help, and he said yeah so I carry the dang thing over to the edge and he tells me to throw it over the hill because he cant do it, so I look at him and smile, then I start just spinning in circles as fast as I can, doing my best shot put at the Olympics imitation, and no lie I seriously chucked that cow like 50 yards!, I felt kind of bad but it was dead so that's not so bad right!? the little kid was really impressed.

I cant believe that the Gilbert temple will be finished right when I get home! that's so cool. I can’t wait to go there. I love the temple.

well not much has happened this week other then setting baptisms, so I will talk to you guys later! love you guys so much and hope you all are doing amazing! I know this church is true and the Book of Mormon is the true word of God, there's no other place I would rather be right now then Guatemala!

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment