Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Saturday, October 9, 2010

First Letter from the MTC!!


Hola mis padres!

Well to start off, the mtc is seriously amazing. I am having so much fun here. I was so scared that I would hate it and that my companion would suck and I would miss my family and friends. Every one said the first week would be horrible but I'm pretty sure that it is the complete opposite for me. I love being here, don't take offense to this, but I haven't even thought of home or friends at all. It's hard work here but its so cool learning all these new things all day, and I have so much fun.

I actually have two companions! my real companion is elder Fast. He is so freaking funny! Fast is about 6'2" and loves basketball, ping pong and soccer. He is like the perfect companion for me. My other companion is elder Bredlinger. He has this dry sense of humor that cracks me up so much! We are in a trio companionship because elder B's comp didn't show up.

I even like the food here. Seriously, I might have gained about 5 pounds all ready...haha I don't even care because I know I will lose it all in Guatemala.
I was in gym yesterday and totally dunked on my companion. I'm still making fun of him.

It still hasn't hit me that I'm on a mission yet, it's like a vacation so far, and I love it.

The Spirit here is so amazing and so strong, my testimony has grown at least twice the size already. there have been a lot of spiritual experiences all ready. Elder Fast woke up really sick one morning and he asked me to give him a blessing..first one ever for me...So I gave him one and by the time that breakfast was over he was fine. it such a cool experience for me. The other experience was on fast Sunday. I prayed that I would not be hungry and to have a lot of energy through out the day. What do you know, I literally was not hungry the entire day and I had a lot of energy..except when I fell asleep at the fireside and my companions drew on me with pen.

A regular day here in the MTC is waking up early and having personal study, then eating then going to class for like 4 hours, then lunch, then class for another 4 hours , then dinner, then class for like hours..so you know now why I've gained so much weight. I have been eating 3 to 4 plates of food every meal!, I don't know whats gotten in to me!
I like it here, I wouldn't want to be any where else right now. There is a rumor that I might go to Guatemala mtc in 2 weeks, but we'll see what happens, it probably wont happen.

Well I have to go, I only have 30 minutes to write. Have fun and just know that I love being a missionary and I love being here and I'll be ok! love you guys and write a lot because I realize now why missionaries love letters. the more you get, the more you can brag to your companions that you are the coolest:)

Elder Kurtis Chase Toolson


No comments:

Post a Comment