Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1/1/11

January 11, 2011

hey family it’s 1.1.11!

Last week was good, we found some good possibilities and had a district conference with president Torres on Sunday. We had more people come this week then ever before. It was all the branches in Peten. There ended up being 615 people in the chapel, haha and the Peten chapel is not all that big so they had to take out all the missionaries just to try and fit more people in, so I didn’t get to hear all the stuff but my investigators said it was a good message.

We have a sweet family who is investigating the church, the only problem is that he is a drunk and he wants to stop drinking but he cant. To help him out we bought these pills from the pharmacy, when you take the pill, it makes you throw up every time you drink beer. The next time we go back to their place we ask him how it is going and all that, haha and he said he kind of slipped up one day and tried to drink a beer and just the smell of it made him throw up all over the bar!!! hahaaha so he told us he loves the pills and he and the family are progressing really well :)

We had interviews yesterday with Pres. so that is why I didn’t get to write, sorry. We didn’t have a zone conference because I guess the Christmas thing was it. The interview went really well, nothing exciting. Pres. told me that me and my comp will be together most likely next change, which I am very ok with because he is pretty cool. OH and I got the SUITCASE!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for all that stuff holy cow! (A wonderful friend Terri Thomas and her son told me they could take a “suitcase -50lbs- with them when they went to Guatemala on Christmas day and would drop it off at the mission home. ) I am going to be eating really well these next few changes :) I wanted to go on a little diet to lose this fat that I got but I guess not now. haha even Sister Torres loved it and ate some candy. she took some pics and said she would put it on the blog .

For p-day today we went to Petencito (little Peten) which is a zoo¨!!! haha it was actually pretty cool, not a whole lot of animals but the ones we saw were really cool, like jaguars, pumas, monkeys, alligators, snakes, and some deer! haha I fed the deer a cracker with my mouth! it was pretty nasty tho because it licked my lips. Little did I know their tongues are freaking long! but I got a good picture so don’t worry :) When we went to see the monkeys in their cages, some wild monkeys came down from the trees and tried steeling our food! it was pretty cool to play with those things, there were even a few with baby monkeys holding on to their backs.

I love you guys so much and I am so grateful that I have all this support in my life, especially my friends and family. I see so many of the Latinos who don’t even write their parents because their parents don’t really care. So thank you mom and dad for all that you`ve done for me:)

Love always, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment