Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year! January 3rd, 2011

January 3, 2011

Hey Family!

It must be the season but I literally haven't made myself dinner once in Trebol. Every night investigators give us full plates of food. most of the time it’s tamales. The women always ask how the tamales in the U.S. are made and I just smile and say we don’t ever make the tamales, we buy them from Mexicans!

Well I got to celebrate New Years and my ONE YEAR mark this week! haha that was a little tough but it was actually really fun and the people here are so nice and gave me the best food ever. Really, it was some of the best food I have had in Guatemala.

New Years night I just crashed. Every night we come home around 9:20 so I am dead, but don’t worry my comp lit off "bombs" (Ryan should know what those are) all night! they are only one quetzal so he bought like 50 of them. but you know me, I am a deep sleeper so I just slept that off. and in the morning surprisingly there were no drunks in the streets, because there was no one in the streets all day which was really weird because its usually pretty busy. So that day was a hard day of work but we helped a family move there house so it took up a lot of time.

I got a package from you guys! It was the third package that was for Christmas! haha it was the one that had all the study manuals and peanut butter and superman shirts. When I got my two Christmas boxes 4 weeks ago I thought that was it. but for some reason this got here a lot later. Again, the package made my whole day!!!!!!!!!!! the book manuals are amazing, I am reading the New Testament right now so it is really helping. I seriously cant wait to use all the other ones! Thank you sooooooooooooo much. and the peanut butter about saved my life! The peanut butter here doesn’t have half the flavor. I made some cookies with the district today to celebrate the new year! They all say thanks to my padres :)

I have a ZL named Elder Jensen, He played some college ball before the mission at San Jose State! He picked up a ball and called me out to come shoot, I thought it was against the rules but he said no it was ok so we had a shoot out! holy crap it brought back a whole new world for me, I havent shot a basketball in soooo long, A whole year!!!! but no worries I totally killed him at the 3 pointers best of 10, 3 times in a row then he finally got me! it was amazing.

I love you guys, hope every one is doing well and being happy. Don’t worry Peten is about 70 to 85 degrees every day now so I am enjoying it for now, in February I guess comes the heat again. happy New Years!

Love, Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment