Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, January 17, 2011

October 25, 2010 Zone Conference

We earned candy for memorizing scriptures!




Hola familia!!

This week was kind of cool. We had interviews and zone conference! Interviews went really well, just talked with president about the branch and how to help out my district, he gave me some good advice so I am excited to use it . In zone conference we learned A LOT about working with the members and contacting! he even pointed out my area Sayaxche because the ward is really growing but we need more priesthood holders so we can buy a chapel of our own and not have this house church we have. The district is putting in a speaker system and fans in our church right now so I am very excited for that because way to often people pray or give talks and I literally cant hear them and I sit in the front row every time! (and no its not because I'm deaf in one ear) so things are progressing here and its going really good, we had some investigators come to church and 45 people showed up so that's a good sign. This Saturday at the place where we have the Internet, we held a mini general conference for all the people that couldn't go the first time. and 21 people showed up! so it went a lot better then we thought. For some people it was the first time seeing the prophet speak ever, many of them have been members for 10 years! it was amazing to see the interest they had when they were watching it. It was one of those very good spiritual moments for me, i just hope they get out of it as much as I did. We only watched the morning session of the Saturday one, but that one was amazing so its all good.

Ok so today we are just chillin in the house, talking having fun, then we get a call from elder Bruneel my zone leader. and he says to not go near the river or try to cross it! and we are like why? and he tells us that there is a mob that has held people hostage and wont let any one cross until they talk to the governor! so if they saw some tall gringos walk by we would be an easy target so we cant go near the river until then. and its kinda scary since the river is about 500 yards from our house!

The week went well and went by very fast! I cant believe its like the 5th week already of the change, it feels like the 3rd. time goes faster the more you have! I am not even at my year mark yet, and every one says that, that mark is when time just flys by. well fam I'm glad to hear every one is doing good. I love you all so much!

love elder toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment