Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, January 17, 2011

September 20, 2010


Hola Familia!

It’s good to hear that every one is doing good. To start off this week went good working wise, but as for cool story wise nothing crazy went down!

Elder smith turned 20 so we went down to la Libertad with our district leader and we made a cake in the church and watched the R.M. it was really fun. His mom sent him the cake mix and some icing so we had a good ol`fashioned american cake that was stinking amazing. We bought some soda and just watched the movie. haha the RM makes a lot more sense now that I am a missionary :)

We worked really hard this week and did all we could. we are still trying to find that family that is ready and prepared to hear the message. we have about two families that are pretty cool but never go to church so we are trying to see what we can do to hype them up about this church.

Sunday i ordained two kids to the priesthood for the first time that was cool. then we had two woman come to the church who were from the district and they were just checking out the primary because they are having some huge primary activity in November and the teacher seems to never show up so randomly she comes into the priesthood class and looks at me and elder Smith and tells us to follow her. We get to the primary class and she tells us that we are pretty much the new primary teachers and we have to teach these kids 10 songs and memorize like 2 scriptures, and if you knew how crazy latino kids can be you would know that I was freaking out! Not to mention my "love"( KC as the baby of the family looks at small children like aliens ) for little kids, haha or lack there of :) so every week now we have to teach all these little rascals a hymn and a scripture. This might be the hardest task of my mission so far...haha ok that was joke, but its gonna be different. I am good friends with almost all the kids so if I bring some candy I’m sure it will be a lot easier.

This week is the last week of the change! the changes get faster and faster its crazy! and I’m going to be completing 9 MONTHS!!!!! That’s not weird

I love you all and hope the best. my testimony of this amazing church is growing daily and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to be out here having literally the best time of my life. peace!

Love elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment