Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

November 29


Well hello!

Glad to hear that all had a good thanksgiving this year beause let me tell you , I had my self a dang good tuna sandwich with a grape soda :) That’s about as good as it gets here in Guat town! Actually I would have forgotten all about it but elder Thacker reminded me. But yeah Thanksgiving was just another day.

Let me tell you about Sunday. well you know how I have been teaching primary the past month or two, and we have been learning hymns to have a little primary activity on last Saturday, well I guess the the primary teacher in my branch called up the president of the branch and told him the kids were not ready so none of them went. Then on Sunday it was supposed to be the primary program just in our own branch, you are probably wondering how many kids showed up....yep you guessed it, 1!!! . only one kid showed, even the actual primary teacher didn’t show up.

so when the district primary presidency showed up to see...yeah they were a little disappointed to say the least. So the presidency got up and gave talks the whole sacrament about how we need to encourage our kids to do what they are supposed to do and how the family is the most important thing that we need to strengthen. There was 4 kids of investigators that came, so after sacrament we just drew with them and the presidency brought a lot of food, expecting there to be a lot of kids. it was kind of interesting though, as the kids were drawing, the presidency had to like show them how to draw, they didn’t know how to hold the color pencils and to draw in the lines...and they were like 10 years old. it was kind of sad to see.

Last week we worked hard as usual, my comps feet are doing a lot better. haha its getting harder to keep working here, I am at my 5 month mark in the same area and I have contacted every house about 4 times. but my kid has a strong desire to keep working sothat keeps me in line to work really hard every day.

Ok so today I woke up and had a fever and some B.U. :) but it wasn’t too bad, I was just a little light headed. So we went to buy a new backpack because the one I had is falling apart. (a sweet nike one for 60 quetz) and as I’am bargaining with the dude I feel a little gas, I mean that’s normal right?, so I think I am going to let it slip out with out any one knowing...and yep I totally SHARTED my pants!!! I am talking to the man, so then I hurry and give him the money and waddle away all ashamed, and my comp is like, dude why are you walking like that, haha yeah it was pretty bad.

so thats my week :) hope all is going well with you all. I love you guys. only like 20 more days until we get to talk!!!! crazy right :)

Love Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment