Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, January 17, 2011

November 8 th, 2010 Baptisms




November 8 th, 2010 Baptisms

Baptisms!! We had two baptisms on Thursday and they were a success. We baptized a 17 year old girl named Leticia, and an 11 year old girl named Rosa. Their dad did the actual baptism so that made it even more special. We all ate sandwiches after and had a good ol time :) then on Sunday Elder Smith and I had the opportunity to confirm these girls members of the church. it was a really cool experience.

Tuesday me and Smith were walking in the streets and we see two white girls, which is kind of normal here just because there are a lot of tourists, but they are usually from Europe so we don’t say anything, but they waved us down and we talked in the streets about the WHOLE history of the Book of Mormon. I have never done that in English, so I had to think in Spanish then talk in English, but it was a really cool experience They thought it was cool because the history in the Book of Mormon adds up with history in Guatemala. One of the girls was in peace core, and the other was just visiting she was a pro. skier in salt lake city, she;s won the x games twice!

Saturday we had an activity where all the members came to the church and we cleaned the whole thing from the roof to the grass. We made it so the leaders had to actually plan the whole thing which was good, They need to learn more leadership skills because the missionaries usually do every thing, haha the leaders complained SO much but they eventually did what they needed to do. it turned out great, every one came and after we played red light green light, then some scripture game they made up, then had cookies and soda :) we are trying to reunite these people so we can have an actual chapel in Sayaxche, there used to be 400 members but only about 40 come so thats our goal as a house. and its working pretty well so far.

The water decided not to work this ...yep so I just didn’t take a shower for 5 days :) but lucky for us, this week has actually been COLD, yeah I said it cold, these past two nights I had to sleep with a sweater! Usually if I don’t have a fan on me I wake up literally sweating in my bed, I guess November is when it starts to get cold, so when we work we don’t sweat at all. so for not bathing for 5 days it wasn’t too bad.

Well I am glad every one is good. I love you more then Guatemalans love tortillas!

love elder toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment