Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

November 22, 2010


One of the unfortunate many

Hey familly!!!!!!!

This past week went by really fast, me and my "kid" worked really hard. haha maybe even a little too hard because those blisters he had are getting worse. One day we had to walk about 8 miles and he about died. There is this street that is about a mile long and he just gave me the saddest look ever limped the whole way down, I felt really bad for him but we had a lot of good lessons coming up so we had to go. On Sunday, just walking to and from church his blisters started bleeding pretty hard, so I told him we could take the rest of the day off or they wont ever heal. Poor guy, he slept from 1:00 to 8:00 at night. Today he says that they are feeling much better.

Sunday was our "district conference" which is like a stake conference. This happens every six months...and yes I was here for the last one as well :) but the conference went VERY WELL ! usually around 35 to 40 people show up but last week we had 70 people show up! which is the record since I’ve been here. We had 5 investigators come and they liked it so that is a good start. The district Presidency gave all the talks and they were very good. They talked about obedience to the commandments, the smaller ones like family home evening, seminary, getting the whole family to show up and stuff like that. Here the thing that bugs me the most is that the parents don’t tell there kids to come with them, if they want to go that’s cool if not they don’t care, so of course the kids don’t want to come. so me and my comp are going to stop by all the members and talk to them about coming as a family and making the little kids come. Hopefully it works out.

Oh we also killed 4 more rats in the house, luckily this time the rat trap got them all. I have found that if you super glue a marshmallow to the trap they go for it every time! Sad part is that we still have a huge rat family cruising around and eating all our food at night. H Haha me and elder Thacker were talking last night on these crappy couch that we have in the house and as we are talking we hear a sound of running around coming from inside the couch...yep another rat just running around in there. haha we couldn’t get it out so we just started talking some more :) oh the things of the mission. Now I know why dad is the way he is! Remember how he would just peel off mold on bread and eat the bread?...and I always made fun of him...yeah I do that weekly here. The worst part is I even ate bread that a rat chewed through, yeah don’t make fun, I gotta do what I gotta do ok!!!!!!!!!

The water went out again. so we have been taking bucket showers all week! They’re not even that bad, I just heat up a pot of water and have a hot shower, which I haven’t had in 6 months!

It’s all good here Sayaxche with my comp elder Alvarado, he’s still going strong and we work dang hard. We have had some good experiences so far. L We gave a blessing to a member who was freaking out and couldn’t breath to well, immediately after she was fine, and with in 5 min was laughing and making jokes with every one. so it was cool to have an experience with him.

I love you fam hope all is well in az!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Love Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment