Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

December 14th

Tikal



They told us that that off in the distance, everywhere you see a "bump" in the jungle, it is another ruin that has not been uncovered yet.


I love you!!

Wow it is so cold here in Peten! This is not normal. yeah I didn't think it was possible, its about 50 degrees inside and out.. when the roof on the house isn't sealed (a gaping space big enough for a 12 year old to climb up and over between the wall and the roof ) and you have two huge holes at both ends of the house, there is no way you can stay warm unless we bundle up, so I literally put on my mission clothes like normal, a sweater, and jacket, wrap my bed sheets around my bottom half, then wear my Elf hat I got for Christmas, every morning until about 10:00 sometimes I wake up because its so cold and all I have is a thin sheet and some guat blanket I stole my first change. But the afternoons are very nice! I ldon't even sweat anymore while walking which is Nice!. haha but the water is so cold so I only take a shower about every 3 days. OK give me a break I’m a missionary!!!!

This week we had 4 investigators show up for church. Then a little Christmas miracle happened. Esperanza and Erika are the investigators, that have been progressing really well, even had a date for a baptism, but then it fell because they started to make tortillas ALL day and had no time for us. They even stopped going to church, so me and my comp were really bummed and decided to give it one last time to try and help them, we pretty much gave them "cincho" (a talking too) about Sunday and keeping it holy, and then Saturday night we just passed by there place and they said they would come, but I was kind of thinking in my head "that means no" We showed up again on Sunday morning to remind them again, and what do you know Erika was making tortillas! so we just we invited them anyways. We go to church all mad because we were going to have to drop them, then about 30 minutes into sacrament meeting they both showed up!! for 2 of the 3 hours. That made my day, then we passed by them in the afternoon too just say thanks for coming, Erika was gone but Esperanza was there and she said she talked to Erika and told her they wouldn't work on Sundays any more and they will go to church every Sunday!! so it was really cool to see the faith of Esperanza when Erika told her they needed to work.

I gave a talk in sacrament about scriptures! it went really well, I focused on teaching the whole family with the scriptures, and making sure we study the book of Mormon. The members here only read the bible they don’t read the book of mormon. One investigator from the other companionship, came up to me after sacrament and said thanks for the talk, because it was exactly what he needed to hear and he gave me a huge hug. it was really cool. haha he was a big boy too, about 6 feet tall and 280 pounds :) well this weekend we have a primary thing in San Benito...we´ll see how that goes....

Yesterday we went to tikal! haha yes for the 3rd time. but it was cool, , just sat on the ruins and looked over all the jungle and other ruins off in the distance. my comp loved it, then we ate delicious Pizza Hut after, which is always good. I went on divisions with my zl and with elder Tanner this week. Both were really fun.

love you all and hope you all enjoy the holidays this season. Be grarefull for what you have in the states. Now that I am here, I am realizing all the things I took for granted. You are all in my prayers!!

Love Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment