Guatemala City North Mission

Guatemala City North Mission

Monday, January 17, 2011

November 2nd, 2010

Mode of transportation

O hey family!

Sorry this is a little late, haha we just had the worst luck on our p day!

we went to San Benito to print pics and eat at Burger King, Usually we just hitch hike back, today it took literally 5 hours instead of 2! so we got permission from the Zl`s to do internet today!

Last week I did my first division in Libertad with elder Castro. it was pretty fun, I thought it would be kind of dumb since it isn’t my area but it is so fun to meet other people and explore other areas! haha and I did my first baptism interview, it was some really old guy, and for those of you that don’t know anything about old latinos, they loooooove to talk, and act out what they are talking :) (sean on crack!) haha I was laughing the whole interview because this guy was crazy! but he was really cool and knew a lot about the church so it was fun. ha the other elders even came in and asked why we were laughing so hard, then they realized it was just me laughing at the way the guy was acting out everything he was saying. usualy interviews are like 20 min and this one was one hour! I couldn’t get him to stop talking. He was AWESOME! then at the very end I asked him to sign the paper for the baptism and he said he couldn’t write....and i was like what!!!? how does that work??. luckily elder Smith had seen this before so he told me that I had to write on his thumb and he had to print the page with the ink, yeah that was the first :) crazy stuff here in guat!

No worries with those gangster that were here. I dont know if they got what they wanted but I haven’t seen them since that day. I just hope they don’t come back because we have been crossing the river 2 times a day!

two nights ago at like 3 in the morning we killed 3 rats in a row! haha elder smith just straight smashed ones head out and got blood all over the walls and every thing! then I got tired and went to bed and they killed the other two :) its weird because we haven’t had rats this whole change and now we have 8 running around all night. one even crawled over elder Godfrey in the night! then the next night he saw something above the window seal and he turned the lights on and the rat was just sitting there watching him. haha so he cant sleep good any more, he`s been freaking out every night!

This week is hopefully going to be a good one because me and Smith have two baptisms for Thursday! I’m very excited to see these two get baptized! and its going to be done in the river which is super cool :) he told us he doesn’t want to many people to come to only like 8 people are coming to the baptism. the zl`s just did the interview this morning so we are all good to go.

and those of you that dont know...yes I have 10 MONTHS!!!

Halloween was nothing here. they have the day of the dead which is the 2nd of November instead, today. and they just throw parties in the streets and in the cemeteries! its kind of weird cause they do some weird dances with pig heads and blood on them and they sacrifice cow and stuff, its very old rituals they do. but that’s just what a member told me so he could be pulling my chain..we will see what happens!

I love you guys so much and glad to here every one is having fun and doing well

love elder toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment